Chapter One: Odette and (Y/N)'s birth

Once upon a time, there was a king named William, who ruled a large and mighty kingdom. However, the king knew he wasn't getting any younger, but sad was he as he still had no child as he desired.

The king was waiting by the halls of his castle nervously. Until a maiden came out of the room next to him, two babies in hand. He smiled in delight seeing the two newborns brought to him.

Then one faithful day, he was blessed with not one, but two beautiful daughters. He named them, Odette and (Y/N).

The king walked to the balcony with his two daughters before raising them in the air for the crowd beneath to admire. Cheers and applause resonated from the population, as some even threw up their hats for they were happy of the two princesses' birth.

Kings and Queens came from all around to offer their presents to the children.

The two princesses, now two years of age, were seated on little throne-like chairs as the refined guests came one by one to give them presents. Odette, with her beautiful blue eyes and blond navy hairs, grinned widely at the gifts and was already opening some of them eagerly. Some guests chuckled akwardly at her antics. Yet her sister (Y/N), equally as beautiful with (h/c) hairs and shiny (e/c) eyes only sat calmly, shaking her head at her sister's actions.

Amongst those guest was the widowed Queen Uberta, and her young son, Prince Derek.

The little brown haired prince walked forward to the two girls with a gift in hand, which was a golden, heart shaped necklace, with a swan carved on the heart. He looked at Odette, seeing her examining the gifts and throwing away those she didn't like in a bratty way. He frowned and stuck his tongue in disgust at her actions. Then his eyes landed on the other princess. She was frowning sadly as her sister was unconsciously throwing all the royal clothes they were given and they were landing on her head. He didn't know why he felt attracted towards her. She was clearly more different than her sister. And also he pretty curious to see what she'd look like with a smile.

Derek walked towards her and started removing the clothes which were messed on her. (Y/N) stared at him in awe, then he gently laced the necklace around her neck. It looked way bigger than he imagined, but was funnily cute on her. He started laughing. Then (Y/N) admired the swan glistening on the heart shape. She smiled. Derek stopped laughing and stared. She did have a beautiful smile.

Odette noticed him staring at his sister and frowned. She threw at cloth at him which snapped Derek out of his trance. He instead glared at her. The two started throwing stuffs at each other, engaging in some kind of ridiculous play battle as (Y/N) laughed at them.

Meanwhile, King William and Queen Uberta were watching them interact. They smiled to themselves before widening their eyes and looking at each other with the same idea in mind..

They'd get Derek and Odette to fall in love and have them married. Then join their kingdoms forever.

The two sovereigns were too happy about this resolve and we're already planning ways to get the children to spend summer times together. So much so, they did not notice an evil individual amongst the crowd, who was bound to make their children's lives miserable.

.......

More years passed, and (Y/N) and Odette were now 12 years old and could walk on two feet.