Chapter Two: Betrothed

"I can't believe you're making me do this father.." (Y/N) muttered as her and her father were seated in the royal carriage, which was lead by two soldiers riding horses. They were currently going to Queen Uberta's castle.

"Dear you have to understand it's for the purpose of the kingdom! A-And I'm sure you can learn to love him...once you know him. He's um, lovely boy?" The king said akwardly.

(Y/N) stared at him. "And what makes you think it'll work better with me than with Odette?"

"Because! You guys never truly argued."

"We barely ever spoke to each other since I and Odette's birthday party."

"But, didn't he offer you a beautiful gift?" The king gestured to the pendant (Y/N) always kept with her. She looked at it. She's never let go of it. In fact it was even her favorite gift she's received in years.

"I guess..." She muttered. "I guess I could try."

King William patted his daughter's head with a proud smile.

"You're making your father so happy you have no idea." He said.

She only smiled and looked outside to the kingdom. The sight was quite pretty. Villagers going about their day and working in peace. (Y/N) smiled at the view.

Finally they arrived. (Y/N) could hear a trumpet music for their arrival. Her father got out first then helped her out of the carriage right after. Queen Uberta was already outside waiting for them. She smiled in delight and happiness at seeing (Y/N).

"Oh how lovely has this little girl grown to be so pretty!" She said and went to pinch (Y/N)'s cheeks. The girl only grinned, though the queen had pinched it so hard it was stinging a little.

"Your majesty. It's an honour, once again." The young princess said, bowing and lifting her dress a little, as a sign of respect.

Uberta covered her mouth in shock and whispered to the king, "this is perfect!"

"Why where's Derek?" King William asked.

"Oh he's just her-" Queen looked beside her and was shocked not to see her son as he was supposed to be. She grew angry yet smiled at the two royalties.

"Hehe..he must just be playing hide and seek!"

"Again..." The King coughed.

"Derek! Get over here! Hehe.." she called.

(Y/N) tilted her head curiously, seeing the shadowed figure of a boy slightly taller than her. A frowning Derek slowly showed himself to the light from behind the pillar. (Y/N)'s eyes widened and Derek only rolled his eyes at her.

"Come come, come greet our guests!" His mother ushered.

"Not again mom!" He complained.

"Derek!" The queen warned. But Derek was taking none of it as he only folded his arms and looked away.

King William sighed and the Queen was already red with anger. (Y/N) advanced towards him with graceful steps. The King and Queen watched her with big eyes as she approached Derek. The young prince himself glanced over his shoulder, seeing the shy looking princess walking towards him.

She bowed respectfully. "It's a pleasure to meet you, prince Derek."

The brown haired prince's mouth hung open for a moment. He didn't know what to say. He was actually expecting her to act like her sister, or even worse. He was expecting her to stick out her hand and force him to kiss it. Yet she only bowed and looked at him with a soft smile. They all awaited his reaction.