Chapter Five: Dispute

After that (Y/N) in her human form was still speaking with Joe-bob and Speed when suddenly a bird fell from the sky, an arrow pierced through his wing.

"You think he's dead?" asked Speed.

"No it's just his wing I think..." (Y/N) suggested.

Joe-bob jumped over to his side and eyed him. "Strange looking bird."

"Oh fellow! You must be in a lot of pain.." the princess said while touching his pierced wing. "You better hold him." She told her two new companions.

Once they did she broke the arrow from the bird's wing, making it wince. She tore part of her dress and wrapped it around his wounded muscle.

"Oi, wakey wakey!!" Joe-bob opened the bird's eye.

Suddenly, the volatile sprung awake and started doing strange fighting moves, scaring the two other animals.

"Woha! And who may you intruders be?!"

"I-Intruders ? He's the one who trespassed!" Muttered Joe-bob.

"Wait! I'm no harm." (Y/N) said softly.

"If you really mean no harm, how come you have an arrow in your hand huh?!" He snatched the arrow. "Aha! That's the exact same I have in um...uh!"

The (h/c) haired giggled. "I took it out when you were out."

"If that's so!!" The bird bowed. "Accept me apologise madame! Me name is Puffin! Lieutenant Puffin."

"It's a pleasure Lieutenant Puffin. I'm (Y/N), princess (Y/N)." The girl introduced then was surprised once the bird took her hand and kissed it. She chuckled a bit.

"And these are my bestfriends in the whole world! Mister Lorenzo Trudjalon,"

"Friends call me Speed."

"And Joe-bob!"

"I have no friends, only servants! And they call me 'your highness'." Joe-bob pointed out and stuck his hand out for a respectful kiss like Puffin did with (Y/N).

"Thinks he's a prince.." Speed whispered.

"Anyway...I owe you one princess. And I intend to stay until the debt is paid." Puffin said.

"I don't think there's much you can do, he has me under a spell."

"You mean a magical wohooo!" Puffin acted like he was gonna throw a spell until magic actually started forming. They all looked surprised. The three hid as a beautiful garden appeared, while (Y/N) only frowned, knowing who it was.

"You're knight in shining armor has come to set you free~" Rothbart came from the entrance.

"Oh really? I do not see the prince anywhere though.." (Y/N) faked looking around with a faint smirk, knowing she just annoyed the proud wizard.

"You're in no position to be sarcastic princess," Rothbart said then knelt down on one knee. "Unless you'd say what I'm hoping to hear....would you marry me?"

"Every night you ask the same question."

"No no-"

"And every night I give you the same answer..."

"Don't-"

"Over my dead body!" She crossed her arms.

Rothbart stood up in anger. "You're really starting to bug me!"

"Shouldn't you be used to it by now?" (Y/N) sassed back.

"That's it!" The wizard walked away then stopped. "You know what? If you're so adamant on refusing to be mine....I could always go for the other sister~"

At that, the young woman gasped and glared daggers at him. "Don't you dare touch my sister you horrible....creature!"

"But things could be so simple! If you only agreed to my conditions!"

"You'll never get my father's kingdom! No matter what you do! You won't get any of the sisters for you selfish desires....you can count on that!" The princess said. (Y/N) had never been this angered and revolted before. Expressing her anger was something new, yet at the same time she's never seen a being as selfish and manipulative as Rothbart. She couldn't really be blamed.

"As long as I'm alive...I'll make sure, that you don't live to enjoy you evil schemes." She finished.

Rothbart was visibly livid. He expected her to be the most docile of the sisters, that he'd convince her easily. But he clearly wasn't fond of the harsh reality.

"It seems you'll still need another day to think about it. And luckily, you have all your time, haha!" Rothbart pointed at the moon and to (Y/N)'s shock, it started to set.

"No....please no..." She slowly walked towards the lake, and as the moonlight disappeared, the magic did it'd trick, turning her for the third time this day, into a swan.

The princess couldn't be more woed.

_______________________