Chapter Three: The Great Animal

After that, the two finally kissed.

Pulling away everything felt rosy. (Y/N) saw something different in Derek's eyes. It wasn't hatred, annoyance, but something else. Was it perhaps, love?

"Arrange the wedding!" Derek announced. At that, everyone cheered. Music started playing again and the servants danced around in happiness, along with the King and Queen.

Yet, (Y/N) raised a brow. She looked around at the happy faces.

"Wait!" She called. Immediately, the music stopped, and all grew silent. Derek looked at her, confused.

"You...can't be serious." She told him.

"What do you mean, of course I'm serious! You're perfect! The girl I've dreamed of my whole life!" He held her by her back as he praised.

"You're beautiful."

"Thanks..." (Y/N) smiled slightly, then tilted her head. "Then what else?"

"What else?" Derek asked in more confusion.

"Yes Derek. What else do you love about me? You can't only be seeing my beauty right? There, there must be something else right?" The princess urged, her voice holding hope.

"Um...o-of course there is!" The young prince said while avoiding her gaze, scratching his nape. He looked around for anyone or anything that could help him. Really, he didn't know what more to say. It was truly the first time he's express romantic affection towards someone. And when seeing (Y/N), and everything she represents to him, 'Beautiful' was the only word that came to his mind.

"Well?" She questioned, starting to lose patience.

"You, um...you..."

The Queen's eyes widened and she quickly covered her face while muttering; "I don't wanna see that!".

While (Y/N), her expression slowly turned sad and upset at her lover's lack of response.

"You really have nothing to say? So beauty's all that matters to you?" She deducted, frowning.

"Wait! I-it's not like that!" Derek tried to defend.

"Tell me one thing Derek," the (h/c) haired spoke, wanting to give him another shot. "If I weren't as pretty as now, would you still love me?"

Silence once more. The tension was so thick it was scary. King William shook his head at his daughter. Rogers stared nervously at Derek and feared what he may reply.

"Well?!" (Y/N) crossed her arms.

"I don't know..." The brown haired prince muttered, looking down.

This was all it took. The princess stepped back, her heart broke into pieces.

The next minute, the carriage was outside and Queen Uberta and King William, along with (Y/N) and Derek were outside. The engagement seemingly wasn't held on.

"We tried, really. It seems things are staying as they are." King William said with a disappointed look.

"Say goodbye, (Y/N)."

The princess, who's back was still turned to them, sighed.

"Goodbye Prince Derek..."

"(Y/N).." Derek tried saying something, but lowered his hand and looked away with an upset look. The Queen elbowed him.

"G-Goodbye Princess.." he spoke lowly, still not looking at her.

(Y/N) stared at him with a solemn look, still sad that he still wasn't trying to make her stay. She assumed that he didn't love her anymore, or maybe never did.