Chapter Nine: Final Battle

After finally having been rescued, the real princess flew to the castle where was held the ball.

Meanwhile, Derek was still dancing with the girl he thought was (Y/N).

"Are you okay?" He asked.

"Yes? Why won't I be?" asked fake (Y/N) with a small chuckle.

"It's just.... something about you seems...different." he stated in uncertainty.

Fake (Y/N) sweatdropped and kissed his cheek.

"Please do not think much about it. We're here to be together, right?" She batted her lashes.

Derek blinked in surprise. He definitely felt like something was off. Yet he shook it off. He's been away from her for quite a while, so he figured he must've missed on some details.

"And after tonight..everything will be perfect." Said the fake princess.

"Yes yes of course!" They danced until Derek turned to Rogers. "Rogers I have an announcement, stop the music."

And so he did.

Meanwhile, the real (Y/N) still struggled to fly fast enough, hoping she wasn't late. She was growing worried and scared, she could feel the worst was to come.

She looked through the window and saw the clone who took her place, shocking her.

"Kings and Queens, ladies and gentlemen, mother..."

Uberta cried of joy.

"I have an announcement to make. Today I have found my bride."

The crowd clapped and cheered.

"No Derek! I-it's a trap!" The swan woman cried while knocking on the window with her beak.

"I present her to you as the future queen of our kingdom."

The swan looked to another window and tried earning the Prince's attention, but the fake princess noticed her and quickly turned his attention else where.

"I make a vow to break all vows. A vow stronger than all the powers of the earth!"

(Y/N) tried all the entries she could see, but unfortunately, none worked. She had to watch in hurt as her prince vowed to someone else, unknown to him.

"Before you, and before the whole world, I make a vow of everlasting love-"

"DEREK!!!"

"-to (Y/N)."

"No....!!!" (Y/N)'s muscles grew weak and she lost her balance, the dying wish having slow effects on her.

As everyone cheered, suddenly the lights turned off and the wind blew stronger. The main door burst open to reveal Rothbart, delighted.

"No more Mister Nice Guy! No sorrey!"

Derek placed a protective arm before his fake lover. "Who are you?!"

"Hehe! Went and pledge your love to another heh?"

"What are you talking about? That's (Y/N)!"

"No....(Y/N), is mine." The wizard clutched his fist.

"It's you!" Derek frowned. "You have no power here! I made a vow, a vow of everlasting love!"

Rothbart laughed. "You made a vow alright! A vow, of everlasting....death!" He used his magic on the fake (Y/N), making her faint.

"No, (Y/N)!" Derek rushed to her side, only to discover it's not the woman he loved.

"You should've left her to me. Now...(Y/N) will die." Rothbart pointed at the flying swan.

"(Y/N)!"

Derek went on his horse and followed behind her. As for (Y/N), she was gradually losing her forces.

Once she arrived at swan lake, she laid her head on a rock and transformed into a human again.

"(Y/N)?" Derek rushed to her side and stared at her limb frame. "What have I done to you...." He sobbed. "I couldn't save you....I couldn't carry out my promise!"

"Derek..." She muttered weakly.

"(Y/N)! You're alright!" He cupped her cheek. Her skin was cold and pale.

"I....I..."

"No don't talk, you'll waste more of your strength!" He whispered then frowned sadly.

"I have to say....ngh!" She struggled to straighten up with Derek's help. "I didn't meant for it to end that way..."

"Oh forgive me (Y/N)...it's all my fault..the vow was for you, only you!" He grunted.

"I know....don't worry, I'll make things right a-again."

"What are you saying?"

"Sorry to interrupt your goodies." They both turned to Rothbart. "Ah! It seems our princess is a tough wall, she's not dead yet."

"You...." Derek glared daggers. He grabbed his sword and ran to the wizard, but he used his powers to push him away. He tried hitting him with his leg, but Derek used his sword to block the hit.

"Heal her right now!" He ordered.

"And why would I? She's better of as dead if she was gonna end up with you! I'm sorry princey, but it seems it was never meant to be."

Those words got him raging as he used his strength to push Rothbart away from him. He went at it with his sword again while the sorcerer used his magic to either block or create more attacks.

As this was going on, Puffin, Joe-bob and Speed rushed to (Y/N)'s side, who was still somehow conscious.

"Princess! Please don't be dead!" Joe-bob cried.

"I'm okay..." She coughed.

The three were relieved.

"I'll need you guys to do something for me....get Derek out of here as soon as you can..!" She said weakly yet seriously.

"And what about you?" Puffin asked worriedly.

"Rothbart desires my father's kingdom. So I'll use it....a-at my advantage! I'll make things right..." She struggled again as she tried standing up. The three were surprised by that. (Y/N) held onto a tree as she used the little strength she had to advance, despite her vision being blurry. Death was already knocking, yet she had to keep strong.

"Rothbart..!" She called, earning the attention of the two men.

"(Y/N)!" Derek gasped.

"Stop this at once....I....I decided to become your queen."

Everyone's eyes widened at the announcement. Derek looked heartbroken.

"Really?! Hahaha! I knew it! I always win!!" Rothbart cheered.

"No...no you can't do that!" The prince shook his head and tried reaching out for her but the sorcerer used his magic to tie him up.

"What made you change your mind?"

"I've realized....I was wrong to defy you....! I don't want to leave my family i-if I die now. And Derek and I visibly can't happen....so....then you and I-"

"Magnificent!" Rothbart cheered.

Derek tried saying something but Rothbart sealed his mouth with his magic.

The wizard reversed the death spell and the princess could restore her forces again. She sighed. Her dress changed into a wedding one and Rothbart made flowers appear.

"Then let's start-"

"Wait." She cut off sternly. "Release Prince Derek. Only then will I be your wife."

Rothbart rolled his eyes and used a spell to make the prince disappear. He did along with Puffin, Speed and Joe-bob.

"Now, shall we begin?" Rothbart turned the background into a wedding hall. He reached his hand for hers, to which (Y/N) sadly took, turning to the 'altar'.

'I'm sorry Derek...'

..........