Chapter Seven: Vow of Everlasting Love

"Derek...you don't know how much I-" before she could finish, was she taken into a tight hug, then spun around by a content prince. Derek pulled her into a kiss, which she returned dearly. 

"No one believed me! But I knew...I knew I'd find you again!" He hugged her once more. (Y/N) smiled into the embraced until she remembered. He couldn't be here!

"Derek you can't stay." She slightly pushed him away.

"Can't stay?" He asked like she was joking. "No way am I letting you out of my sight again!"

"Look you have to listen to me-"

"Oh (Y/N)~!"

"He's here!" The princess said frowning.

"Who? What's going on?" Derek was utmost confused.

"He, who placed this curse upon me." (Y/N) stated.

At that, Derek grew livid.

"Who's that?! Let him come I'll-"

"Don't! Derek please! I just got you back, I don't anything happening to you!" She said stopping him.

"(Y/N)!"

She sighed. "You have to understand he's really powerful a-and if he sees you here..."

"(Y/N), don't ask me to leave you! I can't be away from you anymore..come with me!" Derek held her hands in his.

"I can't. Once the moon sets I'll turn back into a swan." She told him sadly.

"(Y/N)!"

"Ugh! Is there no way we can break the curse?"

"There is. You'll have to make a vow of everlasting love."

"I will! It's all I ever wanted!"

"You'll have to make it before the whole world."

"How?"

"I don't know!"

"(Y/N)!"

"Please leave!" She pushed him towards the woods.

"The ball! Tomorrow night, come to the castle. Before the whole world I will make a vow of everlasting love!"

(Y/N) smiled and almost got lost in his voice.

"(Y/N)!"

"I-I'm coming! Please go!" She whispered to Derek.

He took out her pendant and placed it in her hands, then kissed her again.

"Tomorrow night."

"Yes, tomorrow night. Now leave.." she said with a small smile.

"(Y/N)!" Rothbart came. "Didn't you hear me calling?"

"M-maybe I have....and I just decided to ignore..." She said while crossing her arms, hoping he didn't notice anything strange.

"Still as feisty I see." The wizard said. He started looking around, getting (Y/N) nervous.

"I thought I heard...voices."

"Voices? I-I think it was me! I get so lonely I tend to talk to myself.." she lied, hoping he'd believe.

He stared at her with suspicious eyes but let it go.

"So have you thought of my proposal?"

"I already told you....forget it." She replied monotonously.

"Why you gotta be so difficult!?" Rothbart raged. Then he chuckled, until it turned into laugher. (Y/N) threw him a disturbed frown, as the trio stared exchanged looks, probably thinking he had gone nuts.

"Is it perhaps, because of the owner of this?" He pulled out Derek's bow. (Y/N) gasped.

"H-How...?"

"«come to the ball»? «i will make a vow of everlasting love»?" He laughed more. "Thought you could fool Rothbart?"

"You disgust me..." She sneered.

"I hate to break it to you princess, but you will only be able to attend the Big Ball tomorrow night!" The wizard said as he took the pendant.

"You will not stop me!" The princess argued angrily.

"I don't intend to, only....since tomorrow there's no moon!" Rothbart mocked while pointing at the moon. (Y/N)'s eyes widened and she slowly turned, looking at the sky. Her eyes glistened with both the moonlight and her tears. Yet she didn't want the wizard to see anymore of her tears, so she only lowered her head and silently sobbed.

'When will this nightmare end..?'

___________________