Chapter Four: Far Longer Than Forever

Out of the castle's borders, behind a waterfall was a forest. There we could see Rothbart, along with his assistant, an old hag, then by the lake was a beautiful white swan swimming sadly on it.

"Now don't be sad about my little spell, (Y/N). It doesn't even last long! As soon as the moon comes up..." Just as Rothbart said that, the moon rose, reflecting on the water and touching the swan's wing. The water beneath the swan started glowing and something magic occured, revealing the bird to be the captured princess.

"And that's how it'll be on every night. You have to be on the lake of course, and when the moonlight touches your wings..."

The man stopped once the usually calm princess sent him a death glare.

"Look (Y/N), I won't say I feel pleasure doing this- okay maybe a little, but my real desire is to own your father's kingdom!"

"Then have it! You have the power!" (Y/N) snapped.

"Nah....I tried but once you steal something you gotta spend your whole life protecting it. And I'm not up for that alternative, but..." He used his magic to turn (Y/N)'s dress into a wedding dress, then the background into a wedding ceremony. "You're one of the heirs to the throne. So if we get married we'll rule your father's kingdom together, legally! King, and Queen."

"Never!" The (h/c) haired protested, making the magic fade. "You'll never have anything from me! I'm going back to my real love!"

(Y/N) tried running away until the sorcerer said, "it's useless running away! As soon as the moon sets no matter where you are my curse will still take effect!"

(Y/N) realized it and started crying. Rothbart walked towards her and touched her shoulder.

"Think about it, princess. You don't have much of a choice anyway!" The sorcerer laughed and walked away, his assistant trailing behind him. (Y/N) dropped on her knees and wiped her tears, reaching to her neck but she didn't feel the pendant.

"Oh no....I must've lost it back there..." She recounted sternly.

Then she heard voices. The princess looked around for where they could come from.

"Um....anyone there-"

"AHHHHHH!!" someone yelled. She looked behind her to see a frog being suspended by some stick over a trio of alligators who clearly wanted to eat him. (Y/N) felt bad and got up to help him. She gently took the frog by his leg and held it in her palms.

"Are you alright?" She asked worriedly.

"Oui! Oh oui, Mademoiselle, you're my savior!" The frog proclaimed and curtised. She found it amusing.

"Okay? Um but what really were you doing over a bunch of frog-eating alligators?"

"I heard your cries of distress mademoiselle, so I wanted to get you these flowers over there but those damned....!"

Then another cough. The princess looked down and there stood a turtle.

"Hello..." It said.

"Why interrupt me when I'm talking to the princess!!!?" The frog annoyed at the turtle.

"I didn't even meant to be noticed..." Said the turtle while rolling his eyes.

(Y/N) laughed at their little display and placed the frog down. She knelt and looked at the both of them.

"And who might the both of you be?" She asked.

Before the turtle could speak, the frog cut in first. "I'm Joe-bob and amazing, brave, charismatic little frog who would turn into a handsome prince at the kiss of a princess~" said Joe-bob.

"Do not mind him princess..." The turtle shook it's head. "My name's Speed. It's very nice to meet you."

"It's nice to meet you both as well. I'm (Y/N)" she smiled.

"Yeah we heard that man say it. He looked....evil..." Speed said. This made (Y/N) frown, silently agreeing with him.

"He is evil! He has me under a curse...and I'm afraid I can't get out." She explained while staring at the moon.

"Worry not princess (Y/N)! As soon as you get a kiss from me the evil curse shall be broken! Now...." Joe-bob tried going in for a kiss but (Y/N) poked him with her nail, making him fall back on his butt.

"I'm sorry Joe-bob but I can only kiss my true love. And he, must make a vow of everlasting love...and prove it to the world." She said dreamily.

"Won't he have to go into the alligator's pit then go chop chop!" The frog argued, making her sigh.

"Speed please, make him understand." (Y/N) said.

"I'm just a turtle." Speed replied.

(Y/N) sighed. Her thoughts went back to Derek, the only one she truly loved. She's missed him since she was taken away, and it hasn't even been a day yet. Somehow, she still had hope that he'd find her and save her from this nightmare.

(Y/N): 🎵"Deep down in my heart, I can feel him speaking.."

"(Y/N), just hold on....I'll find you.."

(Y/N): 🎵"And when I close my eyes, I can hear his voice.."
"Singing a love song.."

Speed and Joe-bob watched as she stood up and walked towards the lake, when it felt like she was heading for the moon.

(Y/N): 🎵"If I could break the spell, I'd run to him today! And somehow I know he's on his way to me,"
"Derek, you and I were meant to be..."
"Far Longer Than Forever~"
"I'll hold you in my hand...it's almost like you're here with me, although we're far apart!"🎵

With Derek, who was living the same sadness being away from his love, continued started singing.

Derek: 🎵"Far Longer Than Forever~"
"As constant as a star!"
"I close my eyes and I am where you are..."🎵

(Y/N): 🎵"Showed as the dawn brings the sunrise, we've an unshakable bond!"

Derek: 🎵"Destined to last for a lifetime and beyond!"

Derek: 🎵"Far Longer Than Forever~"
(Y/N): 🎵"Far Longer Than Forever!"

Derek: 🎵"I swear that I'll be true~"
(Y/N): 🎵"I swear that I'll be true~"

Derek and (Y/N): 🎵"I've made an everlasting vow, to find a way to you!"
"Far Longer Than Forever!"
"Like no love ever known~"

(Y/N): 🎵"And with your love I'll-"

(Y/N) & Derek: 🎵"-Never be alone.."🎵

(Y/N): 🎵"Far Longer Than Forever~"🎵

Derek: 🎵"Much stronger than forever~"🎵

(Y/N): 🎵"And with your love, I'll never be....Alone~"🎵

With the last note sang, she didn't realize she was away from the moonlight, turning her into a swan at once. Speed and Joe-bob watched with sad eyes, the frog even shedding some tears after the song. (Y/N) too started shedding a tear in her swan form.

"I'll never question true love again!" Joe-bob vowed and cried on Speed who nodded at what he said.

________________________