chapter 9

Soon the meeting with the executives ended by 12 pm.

"Mr. President, Mr Yan zeli's assistant just informed me that he is almost at the restaurant" wade informed.

Turning to me my dad asked "are you ready? Or do you want to rest for a while? If you're tired you can stay back, okay?"

"Dad, I'm not here to sit and do nothing and besides I'll be taking over this company soon and I won't be sitting around. I'm not tired so let's get going" I replied.

"Okay" turning to wade "tell the driver to get ready I'll be down stairs in 5 minutes" said my dad.

"Yes sir" wade nodded and left the office.

"Ari, you aced out there in the conference room" my dad said pouring me coffee.

"Mm, like you said I did my best" I stopped and thought for a while "Dad, Mr Edward gave account on the company's income last month, but the account isn't correct. The figures were altered".

"How? What do you mean?" My dad asked

"Just let me handle that and let's go downstairs. We have to attend other meetings. I'll get assistant wade to send me the financial information given today and market price of the goods sold" I replied.

"Mm, let's go" my dad nodded and we headed down.

*************
We parked our car in the underground parking lot of the Ferdinand group.

We headed for the 12th floor of the building were the head office was located.

"Good afternoon sir, good afternoon ma'am". The secretary greeted us as she opened the office door.

I could hear laughter from the office, immediately my dad stepped in, he was warmly welcomed.

"Good afternoon Joash" my dad greeted the man.

"Stop being formal with me, we've been friends for decades" Mr Ferdinand joked and they laughed.

"Good afternoon uncle" I heard a familiar voice.

"Tod my boy, how are you? My dad replied.

"I'm good" he said.

"Good afternoon uncle Joash" I greeted as I entered.

"Ariana what a surprise to see you. How are you?" He asked a little bit stunned.

"I'm good uncle, I can see you look good yourself so I won't bother" I said trying to be casual.

"Dyson, you didn't tell me that our little princess has joined the company just like Tod" he said.

I got what he was hinting at and before my father could reply I said "Uncle I've not taken over, I'm just trying to complete a school project for my final exams. And if I take over, I wouldn't want the whole world to know". I glanced at my watch "okay let's get the papers signed time and money works together".

"Ariana you look professional in this outfit and you look beautiful too. Or is it because we've not seen each other for long?" Tod asked.

"So this deal should be finalized in about ten minutes, we can't keep the Larson group waiting for too long" I flipped through the files "I think this is pretty profitable to both sides. Here dad sign it, there's no worries" I pretended not to hear Tod and got down to business.

"You are very sharp, Dyson expect huge inflow of money when she takes over" uncle Joash said.

"Mm, you can say that again" my dad agreed.

"Here Mr Ferdinand sign it so I could be finalized" I said handing over the documents.

After everything they exchanged a few words and we left the office.

The whole day was stressful but I still enjoyed it.