Aiga & Phi-True Colors

I don't own Beyblade Burst. All rights are reserved for Hiro Morita.

If Phi could change his red right eye and blue left eye to one single color, it would be gray.

Gray, being the color of indecision, would perfectly sum up his mood when it came to his reason for entering this tournament, his attempt to apologize to Aiga.

Granted, the maroon-haired boy was the forgiving type in most scenarios, but with Phi, it was personal. From his former desire to destroy every Bey on the planet to his continuous attempts to break the boy's spirit, the white-haired man honestly didn't think an apology would be just.

As he stared at the reflection of the room in the mirror, the new blood-like red magenta of his overcoat clashed against the white. Phi honestly didn't think he deserved any of it, from the sliding door to the gray desk in the corner and even the black waiting bench that Hearts was sitting on behind him.

What right did he have to be in this tournament? A few months ago, he would have gladly torn the place apart in sadistic euphoria.

Phi pinched the bridge of his nose and groaned, leading to Hearts' Green right eye and Red right eye taking notice of his brother's frustration as commented.

"Cat still got your tongue?" he said, downtrodden, leading Phi to respond-

"Unfortunately, yes."

"Well, what's the matter?"

"I-I just don't think anything worth saying to him."

"Meaning?"

"What could I say? What would change his mind after everything I did? After everything we did?" Hearts ruffled his lilac hair mildly before his dual-toned eyes lit up in revelation as he responded.

"Well, how do you know what he thinks?"

"How would you? He could think I'm playing him."

"I wouldn't know-" Hearts said, holding his hands up, closing his eyes in defeat " But that's the point. It's not the best option, but it's our only one. The question is, are you gonna take it?"

Phi put a hand to his chin in contemplation. His brother did have a point, he was no mind reader, but on the other, that was just it. Aiga could still hate the two of them all the same, not that the boy would be wrong in that, given all the two brothers had done, he'd imagine anyone would feel that way towards them. While the chances swung from likely to unlikely, the chance of not taking the risk and ending up with good results didn't exist.

Hearing the intercom sound for the beginning of the next match, Phi made his way toward the door only to be cut off by Hearts' voice.

"You're leaving just like that? What about the apology?"

"It doesn't matter. It's the finals. If I get disqualified for not showing up, then thinking about it is pointless."

"Finals!? Already!? How come you didn't tell me!?"

At that, Phi swerved his head back over his shoulder with his blue eye closed before snarking-

"Hmm, perhaps you would have realized it had you not been so busy shoveling popcorn into your mouth, yes? He said, recalling the times before and after his matches when he'd see his brother guzzling confection after confection down his throat with little regard for what winning this tournament meant to the both of them. The accusation made Hearts scratch his lilac hair gingerly.