Valt-Voice

All rights reserved to Hiro Morita.

Valt knew he probably shouldn't have stopped, but he did anyway.

"It's mine!" one of the kids shouted as he pulled the ball away from the other, with the other kid struggling to pull it back his way as they kept up their struggle. The two kids usually ran around trying to bounce the ball on their knees as they passed it back and forth. It looked like one of them got a little too greedy today.

Watching it all go down and knowing it wasn't going anywhere good, Valt put a gloved hand on each of their shoulders.

"Hey now, no need to fight over it." He said as the two boys looked up at him, stunned. As Valt figured, seeing the World Champion was like seeing Bigfoot to people.

"You guys are friends, right?" The two of them nodded. "Friends can't get so worked up over stuff like this; all you've gotta do is share."

The two looked at each other with a bit of guilt in their eyes at that. "Sorry," They both said in unison before they turned their heads back to him. "Sorry to give you grief, sir."

Valt smiled at them. "It's no problem." He said before letting go of his pockets and pulling out two packs of cookies, and dangling them in front of the two. " Since you made up so well, have some of these! I made 'em myself!"

"Thanks!" They both said before getting a little sheepish. "Say, since you're the champion and all, you think you could give us a few pointers?"

Valt nodded. "Always listen out for your Bey's voice. Do that, and you'll never lose."

The two lit up at that before thanking him, grabbing the packs, and running off down the cobblestone street. Valt sighed wistfully. Man, did he wish he could have what those kids had, or rather, have it back.

The mess that his life became after becoming World Champion was soured further by the fact that he never really got to spend time with his friends again, even the ones he'd made right here in Spain. What really bit at him, though, was never hearing from his friends from Beigoma Academy.

Kensuke, Wakiya, Daina, Shu, Rantaro. The five of them were some of the best friends he could ever ask for. Heck, forming The Beyclub and competing together in nationals is probably the only reason he ever became champion in the first place. But the world seemed to have different plans for Valt and his friends. Kensuke was still back in Japan, and Wakiya, Daina, and Shu had all gone out into the world to become stronger Bladers. The only person that stuck by him was Rantaro, and they still could barely have time to talk.

Instead, every day, Valt was practically run into the ground with responsibilities. The constant interviews, the countless title matches, and other events he had to attend would probably be enough to drive a guy crazy. Valt could only hope a day like that wouldn't come, but man, did it feel like it was getting closer and closer.

But today was a tad bit different for Valt.

Sure, he had a title match to get to, but all those other times, he'd been ushered around by people. But now, he was alone in the cobblestone streets of Spain, surrounded by strangers and stone buildings.

The perfect crime. Valt thought to himself as he slipped into an alleyway and put a hand into his dark blue body warmer's pocket to pull out his phone. Valt's fingers jittered as he hit the call icon and dialed the one person he hadn't seen or heard from in far too long.

"Shu," He said as his phone buzzed as the call began.

"V-Valt?" Shu sounded startled as the call booted up, leaving Valt a little put-off. The spiky-haired boy felt his heart pound in his ears as he thought of how to start this off. "Hey, Shu! How ya been?"