Lean & Shu - Burnout

All rights reserved to Hiro Morita. Lean's arc reaches a dramatic peak and I'm going to go play Final Fantasy VIII! It's a win for everyone!

Lean closed the door to his bedroom and trudged his way over to his usual training spot. The room was dark and the sun hung low as he walked across the tiled floor of the Raging Bulls' HQ. The spiky-haired boy clutched his side all the while as he dragged his feet. His condition was getting worse, for whatever reason, his Flare's powers seemed to be getting stronger, only for his body to fail to keep up with him.

As if he didn't have enough problems, tomorrow would be his and the Bulls' match against the reigning world champions, BC Sol and their leader, the strongest of the Legendary Bladers, Valt Aoi. Lean seethed at the thought of the Legends, scum like them didn't deserve the kind of attention they had when he had spent most of his life in misery, sifting through garbage and lighting fires for warmth.

Making it to his destination, Lean looked up to see the three massive Model Beyblades on tracks: the first one on the far left was for the Beginners, and was about 50 pounds and many times larger than your average Bey. The middle model was 75 pounds and about double the size of a normal Bey. And the last one,weighing 100 pounds and making toward the tip of the ceiling.

Ignoring the shaking of his hands, Lean reached down and pulled his partner, Variant Lucifer, out of his pocket along with his launcher. His black and purple Beyblade gleamed illuminating the darkness as its six folded rubber blades radiated pink energy. The glassy blue eyes in the center of its layer shimmered as he gripped his ripcord. Lean felt his knees buckle slightly as he cranked Lucifer to his launcher and aimed for the 50 pound Bey. As much as he hated this feeling, he needed to know if he was ready for tomorrow.

"3,"

"2,"

"1,"

"Go Shoot!" He launched Lucifer toward his target, the black Bey trailed with darkness as it slammed the larger Bey back with frightening efficiency. The target made its way to the wall set up to stop it, cracking slightly as Lucifer slammed it in. Lean's breathing grew heavy as he grabbed his partner and aimed for the next one. So far, so good, now if he could just keep this up.

Shooting Lucifer at the next target, the Bey forced its target back again, only this time the speed was off, instead of shooting back like the last one did, the 75 pound target careened at a snail's pace, nevertheless slamming its target to the wall, but still far from fightworthy.

Lean wiped the sweat from his brow as his heart rang in his ears before he aimed at the last target. Shooting Lucifer off, the dark Bey slammed into the larger one as its power streamed off of it, Lean scowled as his partner failed to move the dummy on first contact, the lack of a difference as the clash went on made his brow furrow deeper.

"Quit messing around," He growled raggedly, trying to bite back the exhaustion in his voice. "Pulverize it already!" Lucifer's stream of energy grew stronger as it dashed forward, the dark energy managed to push the target forward about an inch, Lean only scowled further, his heart quickened as he exerted more of his power.

"Come on!" The darkness grew as Lucifer's attack began to pick up pace, driving the dummy back at slow, but consistent speed, still not good enough. Lean reached deep inside himself as he tried to push himself further. Memories flooded his head, memories of being on the street, cold and alone, all the crap he had to deal with while trying to stay alive, being jealous of the light and happiness that other people like the Legends lived in: thousands of screaming fans, world-wide acclaim. He couldn't be more disgusted, it didn't matter if it took a hundred days or a hundred years, no matter the cost, he'd crush them!