[23] O Come, All Ye Faithful

Hi guys, I just wanted to provide a trigger warning before this chapter began that there will be drugging in this chapter. Dark, I know, but I'll put some asterisks(***) when it will start, and when it will end in case anyone would like to skip it.

~

Klaus was hard at work with his latest painting, using one of his bigger brushes for this piece.

He poured everything that he had into this one. Everything that he had been feeling over the past three days since the pageant.

He portrayed his love and longing for Emma in this painting - and the loneliness he had been feeling of late. One of the only people he loves - no longer by his side.

Klaus painted for what seemed like forever, getting lost in his artwork and his thoughts. Art was his one outlet that he knew he could consistently rely on.

If no one else would let him open up, art would. It always would.

After a while, as he was putting the finishing touches on the painting, Stefan Salvatore appeared to his right in the living room, making him smirk.

"Looks like a giant snowflake." Stefan pointed out.

"I prefer to think of it as an expression of post modernism. It's my donation to the winter wonderland charity event." the hybrid put his brush down, finished.

Adrian then walked in, glancing at Stefan as he walked by, before turning his attention to Klaus.

"You said it was urgent?" Adrian spoke, expectantly.

"Yes. Take this to the Mystic Grill immediately." Klaus instructed.

"You want me to be a delivery guy?" the younger hybrid questioned in disbelief.

"What I want is for you to do whatever I say without the attitude." Klaus replied, taking a few steps closer to Adrian.

Adrian gave a sarcastic smile and a small scoff, and then headed over to pick up the painting for where it lay resting on the easel.

"And be careful with that. It's still wet." Klaus directed, as the hybrid walked out of the room with his painting.

"Abraham Lincoln freed the slaves, you know." Stefan said.

"What is the point of my hybrids being sired to me if I can't maximize on the benefits of free labor?" Klaus countered.

Stefan chuckled, amused.

"What are you doing here?" Klaus narrowed his eyes.

"Elena is sired to Damon." Stefan responded, stepping forward.

"I intuited as much." Klaus smirked.

"Which means I need to find the cure now more than ever and yet here you are making post-modern snowflakes." Stefan stated, clearly annoyed with what he thought was Klaus' lack luster effort towards the cure.

"I've delivered. I retrieved the hunter's sword from Italy which we'll use to decipher the map hidden in the hunter's mark. You're the one who's supposed to deliver the hunter and his mark." Klaus pointed out.

"Well, Jeremy is the hunter, and he has to keep killing vampires to complete his mark but we can't quite figure out how to keep him from killing us." Stefan replied.

"Sounds like quite the chore, which is why I feel perfectly justified doing a little charity work." Klaus said, amused.

"Hmm. Or maybe you're lying about having found the sword." Stefan accused.