[15] The Departed

I was pacing in the lobby of the hospital, anxiety taking over my every action. When Jeremy had told me to call 911 for Elena, I didn't even think twice. 

She collapsed, her nose bleeding furiously when he found her. The only thing I could think of was if my little sister was ok. I wouldn't forgive myself if I let something happen to her.

Meredith came out to Jeremy and I, and we both rushed over in front of her, eager to find out anything about Elena's condition. I hated hospitals, too many people from my family have died here.

"How is she?" I questioned. "She's going to be fine. She got a little banged up today, hit her head. But it was just a slight concussion. Nothing to worry about." I raised my eyebrow, skeptical at Meredith's words.

"But she collapsed, there was blood." Jeremy replied. I nodded my head in agreement. "Honestly, Jeremy, Emma, she's ok. She's just... she's been through a lot. Is there anyone you want to call?" she asked.

Jeremy and I exchanged looks before I took out my phone, selecting Damon's name from my contacts. After 4 rings, he finally answered. 

"What is it?" he sighed. I rolled my eyes at him.

"Elena collapsed, there was blood. Jer and I took her to the hospital." I explained, running a hand across my face.

"You did what?" he spoke, annoyed.

"We took her to the hospital. When you find your sister unconscious, you call 911." I rolled my eyes at him. 

"Not when you have a parade of vampires at your disposal." Damon scolded. "Every remaining original is going to want Elena dead to stop Alaric. She's a sitting duck in there." I heard Stefan say.

"Well, Meredith wants to keep her here for observation. Besides, I wouldn't let a single one of the originals touch her. They care about me, Damon, Stefan. They wouldn't kill her if I asked." I defended.

"Emma, get Elena home. We're on our way." Damon ignored what I said before the line went dead. I huffed, frustrated, before pulling the phone away from my ear.

"Jer, we need to take her home. Stefan and Damon's orders." I sighed, turning to my younger brother. He only nodded, before we collected Elena and headed home.

~

Matt, Tyler, Caroline, Elena and I walked into our house, with Care and myself helping Elena walk. "Couch." Caroline ordered, causing me to chuckle.

"I'm fine. I just--I want something to eat first." Elena replied. I looked over at Tyler and Matt, motioning for them to make her something. 

"We're on it. As soon as we make sure no one's lurking in the closets." Tyler replied, before him and Matt walked away. "All right, couch. Now." Caroline ordered once again.

Elena groaned. "I told you, I'm fine." she insisted, walking over to the couch. I grabbed a blanket for her. "Doctor says rest, you rest." I told her, laying the blanket over her once she laid down.

"Now what can I get you? Do you want some tea? Maybe some vodka? Both will help you sleep." Caroline smirked. I only hit her on the arm, scoldingly, before sitting down next to my sister.

Elena gave Caroline a look. I furrowed my eyebrows, confused. "I know. I'm being smothering. It's what I do." she responded. I gave a small smile, before I turned to my regular frown.

Elena shook her head with a smile. "No. It's... it's nice." she took a hold of Caroline's hand. "I'm thinking... maybe tea with vodka." both of them laughed as I stared at the fireplace, unamused.