[14] Before Sunset

Getting up early, I headed to the high school to help clean up the decade dance. One of the many responsibilities when organizing a dance-you have to clean up after yourself.

When I arrived Rebekah was already there, and we started working on the cafeteria, we didn't speak much, seeing as she was still pretty upset that she wasn't able to go to the dance.

"Where's Matt?" Caroline questioned, walking in. "He bailed. Got called into work at the last minute." Rebekah answered.

"Are you kidding me? So it's just us?" Caroline walked farther into the gym. I cleared my throat revealing my presence. "Oh, Emma, thank god." she breathed a sigh of relief.

"You're late. Clean-up committee started at 8:00." Rebekah said, collecting more trash. "It's like 8:02." Caroline replied, confused. "Exactly. I managed to turn up on time and I didn't even get to attend the dance that I organized." Rebekah walked past her dumping trash into the big can.

"I'm sorry about your mom. I mean, I know you, like, hated her and everything, but still. I'm sorry." Caroline told her. Rebekah looked slightly surprised before returning to dumping trash.

"Sorry about your teacher. He seemed like a nice guy." Rebekah said. I smiled at them getting along, finally. "Yeah. He was." Caroline responded.

"I'm going to get started on the gym." Rebekah informed us, before walking out. A moment later, Caroline and I heard struggling. Caroline vamp speeded out while I ran out.

What I saw was absolutely terrifying and shocking. Alaric was alive. Or undead. And he couldn't be killed by the white oak stake.

Rebekah and Caroline shoved it into his heart, and when they figured out it couldn't kill him, Caroline grabbed me and vamp speeded me away.

Just as Caroline was trying to get us to her car, Alaric came out and snapped her neck, before turning his attention towards me. The last thing I remember was my head being slammed against the window before my vision went black.

~

Today was the day Klaus was leaving town. But before he did, he was stopping at the Gilbert residence to pick us a few things first. One of them more important than the other.

He walked up the porch and rang the doorbell, waiting for someone to answer, preferably Emma. But he was disappointed when the door opened revealing Jeremy.

"What the hell do you want?" Jeremy questioned. "Now is that any way to treat a guest?" Klaus smirked. A moment later, Stefan reached the door, behind Jeremy.

"What are you doing here, Klaus?" Stefan asked, opening the door wider. "Well, for starters, young Jeremy here could show some manners and invite me inside." Klaus replied.

"Why don't you go up to your room." Stefan suggested, walking past Jeremy. "Now." Damon ordered him, reaching the door. Jeremy sighed, before doing what he was told.

"Hmm. Poor lad. Loses one questionable father figure only to be replaced by the likes of the two of you." Klaus said. "Yeah, about that. Something happened." Damon responded.

"Oh, I know all about my mother's invulnerable little creation. That's why I'm here. I'm leaving town. Just need to pick up a few road trip necessities. Spare tire, flashlight, girlfriend... doppelgänger." Klaus smirked.

"Can't help you there." Damon spoke, before closing the door. Klaus was pissed at this point. He didn't even care that they refused him Elena, he just wanted his girlfriend right then.