Chapter 6

Y/N

There was a fast and hard knock on my door a few moments later. Shit.

I opened the door to see Jeremiah fuming.

"Why the fuck did Jack just leave here? He better not have been inside this house" Jeremiah screams at me.

"Good morning to you too" I say sarcastically.

"Why the fuck was he here?" He asks.

"I can't have friends over the house?" I try and keep my cool.

"Oh so now your friends? Fuck buddies yesterday though right?" Jeremiah says.

"We didn't have sex!" I scream. "Unlike you with my sister! My sister Jeremiah are you kidding me?!"

"Who told you?" He asks.

"Sarah!" I scream "What does that matter? My little sister! That was a low blow"

"You got with Jack behind my back!" Jeremiah says.

"I was drunk Jere and I only went to the beach to tell him I wasn't interested and that I liked you. If you didn't blow up I could've explained that" I say.

"He was rubbing up on you!" He yells "What was I supposed to think?"

"I'm not sure Jeremiah but fucking my baby sister sure was not the right move. Get out of my room" I say sternly. He bites his lower lip giving me a straight look.

"Belly is the better choice anyways" he says then leaves, slamming his room door.

Tears well up in my eyes. I'd have to live with that the rest of summer. I hate it here.

I grabbed my bathing suit and headed for the beach. I needed to clear my mind.

As I walked down the stairs I saw Belly sitting in the kitchen.

"Fuck you" I say before slamming the door and heading for the beach.

I get into the water and breathe in the saltiness of it. Cousins was simply beautiful.

I wondered what Steven would say? What did Conrad think? What would my mom have done?

I tried to forget about those things. I just wanted this summer to be different. I pictured my perfect summer. Conrad grilling while I sipped on a margarita next to him as he kisses me all over. Pure bliss.

I recognized my mistakes in the past few days. I liked Jeremiah, I did. I just didn't feel strongly towards him, I wasn't in love with him. I shouldn't have made him believe I did, but at the time I thought I did.

I liked Jack. At least I think I do but then I come back to how I picture my perfect summer and it's with Conrad. It's always been Conrad. The only person who wasn't interested in me.

I spent a few more minutes in the ocean before heading back into the house. I made my way upstairs and into the bathroom to get ready for Jack and I's date.

I showered and brushed my teeth and now I was blowing out my hair.

"Hey, how much longer are you gonna be in there?" I hear a knock on the door and Conrad's voice behind it.

I shut off my blow dryer and went out to see him.

"Like 10 minutes?" I say. "If you need to get in here you can I can leave for a few minutes"

"I need to shower" he says.

"Oh" I say.

"Do you mind if I do? Belly's in the other one" he says.