Chapter 19

The next morning I woke up to a room that wasn't my own, my head pounding and arms wrapped around me.

I panic for a moment then realize I'm at a motel. Conrad is asleep next to me, he's holding me close to his body.

DID I SLEEP WITH CONRAD? I begin to panic. I slept with Conrad and I don't even remember it. My head pounds more and I moan.

I was only in my bra and Jean shorts from the day before. I didn't even remember where I was.

I grab my phone and check my location. BOSTON? Why the fuck was I in Boston with Conrad? I try and remember everything. I open up my Snapchat and camera roll and everything clicks together.

I drove down to Boston to meet Sarah at a bar because I was stressed about everything between Conrad and Jeremiah. Then I must've gotten blacked out drunk and called Conrad to come get me.

I hear Conrad shift and then sit up in the bed.

"Rough night?" He asks getting up and bringing the bottle of Advil over and a glass of water.

"I'd say" I laugh but then my head hurts more.

I bite my lip as I take the medication. "Did we- you know- uh last night?"

"No-no god no I'd never take advantage of you like that" Conrad says "you were basically blacked out when I came to get you"

"Oh" I say "I'm sorry for that, you know, making you drive to Boston and everything"

"Why'd you come to Boston anyways?" He asks.

"Too visit Sarah" I shrug.

"Why'd you want too visit Sarah?" He asks sitting down next to me on the bed.

"I have reasons" I say.

He nods. "I'm sorry if I were one of the reasons"

"You shouldn't be sorry" I say "I kinda fucked everything up"

"No-no you did nothing wrong" Conrad says.

I stay silent for a moment. "My moms gonna kill me"

"Oh definitely" Conrad laughs. "You're so done for"

"I know" I laugh.

I stand up for a moment trying to find balance but immediately fall right back down onto Conrad.

"Hi" I laugh at our faces inches apart.

"Hi" he says.

We look at each other for a moment. I don't think either of us wanted too pull away. So we didn't.

I kissed him and he kissed me back. Slowly and passionately.

Conrad sits up keeping me in his lap.

"You're hair is so messy when you wake up" he says pushing some out of my face and kissing me again.

"I bet you think it's hot though" I laugh and he does too. "I won't deny it"

He kisses me again on my lips then kisses my jawline and then my neck.

"Con-Conrad" I moan out as he sucks on my neck.

"Fuck you have no idea what you do too me" his breath is hot against my skin.

I scratch my fingers into his back. He kisses me harder.

My phone starts to ring. I grab it and see the screen lit up with Jeremiah's contact.

"I-I I'm gonna take this" I say climbing off Conrad.

"Hi" I say when I start the call.

"Are you okay? Are you safe? Where the fuck did you go?" Jeremiah bombards with questions.

"I'm fine and yes I'm safe. Conrad came and we just stayed the night in Boston" I say running my hand through my hair.

"Conrad? Boston? What the hell" Jeremiah trails off. "I-I was so worried about you. Please come back soon"

"I missed you too. I would've liked you here" I say and continue it with "We're leaving soon don't worry. I'll call you in a little bit"

"Alright well I'll see you soon beautiful" he says before the line dies.

When I walk back over to the bed Conrad is already up with his shirt on.

"Why don't we just lay a little longer?" I ask.

"Nope. We gotta get going" Conrad says.

"B-But I liked what we were just doing. You've never been so intimate with me" I say as Conrad throws my shirt at me.

"That was a mistake. We shouldn't have kissed. You have Jeremiah" he says about to leave the motel room.

"Are you fucking kidding me?" I basically scream. "You are so infuriating!"

"I'm infuriating? Try driving three fucking hours stressing because you don't know if the girl you love is dead or alive" Conrad yells back. "And then she flirts with your fucking brother on the phone. That's infuriating. I'm so fucking sick of all of it."

"All fucking summer you've been hot and cold. One second you want me the next your fucking some other girl in your room loudly so I can hear it. I never know what you want! I'm walking on eggshells constantly around you!" I yell. "Maybe Jeremiah is the better choice after all"

"Maybe he is! But don't forget who came to get you the other night at the dock, who drove three hours to fucking Boston for you, who came to your side when you needed a partner for the volleyball tournament" he breathes out heavily.

"This is why I don't understand you! You want me to pick Jeremiah but then you say all the glorious things you have done that he didn't?" I say "what am I supposed to do with that? You know what? I'm fucking sick of it too." I say putting on my shirt. I grab my phone and car keys and storm out.

I walk all the way back to the bar which is only a few blocks down. I get in my car and start driving back to cousins.

I was so angry the whole ride home. I hated him. I hated him so much. He was just so infuriating and I knew the second he felt something towards me again he'd come and apologize. I was done. I was done with him.

CONRAD

I checked out of the hotel room and got in my car. I slammed the door and hit my steering wheel. How did I always manage to fuck it up with her?

I hit my steering wheel again and let out a frustrated sigh.

I put the car in reverse and head back towards Cousins. The rest of summer was gonna be long.