Chapter 25

Y/N

The next day it wasn't the sunlight that woke me up but rather an argument coming from the kitchen.

I quickly got up and went towards the top of the stairs to listen in.

"Connie what's been up with you this summer?" I hear my mom.

"It's just-" he pauses. "I'm not sure"

"It's really getting out of hand! Fighting someone at a party? Really? You're so lucky it was me who picked up the call! Your mom would've been furious" she responded.

"I'm sorry. It won't happen again. I was just fired up I guess" he says.

"Just don't tell your mom. I don't want this to upset her" my mom says before I hear footsteps coming up the stairs. I head back into my room quickly.

Susannah wouldn't have been mad if she knew why Conrad fought the guy. He obviously didn't tell my mom either. If he wasn't going to say anything I wouldn't either.

I waited for Conrad to walk back into his room. I could hear the footsteps down the hallway and they stopped outside my door.

My heart rate picked up as I waited for a knock. It never came. I heard the footsteps again and then Conrad's door close.

𓆉

It was afternoon now and Belly and I were shopping for summer dance dresses.

"I definitely want mine to be red" Belly says going through the rack of dresses.

"Sexy" I laugh and she looks at me and rolls her eyes.

"What color are you thinking?" She asks me.

"I think pink" I say. "I have a pair of white sandle wedges that I think would like nice with it"

"That sounds pretty" Belly says picking up a dress from the rack and examining it.

"What do you plan on doing with your hair?" I ask holding the dress she just handed me.

"I'll probably just curl it" she shrugs "although I do want to put it up someway"

"That's true. It gets so hot with all the people and dancing" I say.

"Okay I wanna try these two on" Belly says grabbing another dress.

I nod and just as we're about to head into the dressing room the store door opens and Nicole walks in.

My face grows red as I pretend not to see her.

"Well if it isn't Conrad's girlfriend" she says starring me down.

"I'm not his girlfriend." I say attempting to walk away.

"That text message said differently. You got what you deserved that night. I don't regret it at all" she says. "Is Connie going to take you too the dance? It's like charity work for him"

"Actually Jeremiah is taking her. Back off Nicole" Belly interrupts before I can say anything.

"Jeremiah?" Nicole gasps. "You really find a way around with the boys don't you? Slut"

I go to say something but Belly grabs my hand. "Not worth it. Let's go"

We walk into the dressing rooms. "I hate her"

"Me too" I respond. "Let's just quickly try on the dresses and get out of here."

We try on the dresses and we both end up finding the perfect one.

"We look hot" I say as Belly and I stare at ourselves in the mirror. "Very"

We pay and walk out of the store and back to the car.

Once we arrive back at the house we carry our dresses in and place them in our rooms.

"What color dress did you get?" Jeremiah asks the second I walk out of my room. "I wanna see!"

"I want to surprise you with the actual dress but it's pink" I say laughing as he wraps his arms around me.

"Then I shall buy a pink tie" he says and then he leans in kissing me. "You're going to be the prettiest girl at the dance. All mine too"

I smile at him. "Yeah"

Conrads room door opens and he walks out looking at us for a moment before walking past quickly and down the stairs.

"Don't worry about him" Jeremiah says to me as though he can read my mind.

I wanted to talk to Conrad about last night. Where did we stand? He kissed me and stormed out. Jeremiah didn't know that.

"I'm not" I say and wrap my arms around his neck. "How about we head to the store and pick out a tie for you?"

"That sounds wonderful. I'll drive" Jeremiah kisses my cheek before we walk down the stairs. We head into the kitchen where Conrad is pouring himself a glass of iced tea. His hairs a mess but he still manages to look sexy.

He looks at us for a moment and then back down. Jeremiah grabs the keys and we start to walk out the door.

"Oh shit I forgot my phone" Jeremiah says. "I can grab it?" I offer.

"Yeah I think it's on the kitchen counter" he says. I nod running back inside. I almost knock into Conrad on my way to grab Jeremiah's phone.

"What color dress did you buy?" He asks casually.

"Uh pink" I say. "Conrad about last nig-"

"Last night was a mistake. We were caught up in the moment. It was nothing more than that." He says firmly.

"Oh" I say. "Yeah I was going to say the same thing"

"Good" he says and strolls out of the kitchen.

I hold back tears as I grab Jeremiah's phone. That wasn't what I was going to say.

I felt my heart shatter in the middle of the kitchen as my feelings for Conrad became overwhelming. I wanted to throw up.

A mistake. Last night was a mistake. Was every kiss we shared before last night a mistake to? Was everything he ever said to me a mistake?

I walked back out to the car. Jeremiah was already inside waiting for me.

"Got it?" He asked.

"Yep" I plaster a smile on my face.

"Alright then let's go" He pulls out of the driveway and grabs my hand as we roll down the street. Maybe this was how it was meant to be. Maybe Conrad was a mistake.