Chapter 18

Y/N

I arrived in Boston and met up with Sarah telling her everything.

"The kiss was really hot" I say recalling the kisses I shared with Conrad in the pool many nights prior.

"Did you go any further than kissing?" Sarah asks twirling her hair.

"No, I don't think he wanted to" I say "and I don't think I did either. I wanna wait until the right moment with the right person"

"Wait now that was before or after Jeremiah asked you to the dance" she asks.

"That was before. Like before our car make out too. Jeremiah literally just asked me yesterday" I say.

"Why'd you say yes to Jeremiah?" She asks.

"I'm not really sure. I mean I had no idea Conrad was even interested in me" I shrug.

"But he kissed you earlier yesterday right? Before Jeremiah asked?" she sips on her drink.

"Yes but I thought we were caught up in the moment. Plus don't forget he's been playing with my feelings all summer" I drink mine.

"That's fair. I think I'm team Jeremiah" she laughs "but I'd be team Jack if he was still in the picture"

"Jack was nice to have around" I laugh.

"But now Conrad is going to think you're not interested in him" Sarah continues "but you are right?"

"Of course I am. I have been since we were like 10 years old" I laugh "but I don't think I'll ever actually be with him things are way too complicated"

"You never know" Sarah shrugs "shall we get another round?"

"Mhmm I could go for one" I say. We buy another round of drinks.

CONRAD

It's later in the day now and I'm laying in bed on my phone. I'm exhausted. My head was pounding and my heart hurt.

I stare at the necklace in the box that I'm holding in my hand.

She was supposed to be wear this. She was supposed to go to the dance with me, not Jeremiah.

I hear my door open suddenly and Laurel come in.

"Have you heard from Y/N?" She asks quickly.

"Nope" I say "why?"

"Because her location was turned off and no one has heard from her" she says "I'm getting worried. She always has her location on and lets us know where she's going"

"Did you ask Jere?" I sit up in my bed.

"Yes and he has no idea. Plus I thought she would tell you before anyone else if she planned to go somewhere" she responds.

"Oh" I say "yeah I'm not sure. Do you want me to head downtown?"

"If you wouldn't mind" Laurel says "maybe she just got caught up in a clothing store but my mom instinct is telling me otherwise"

"Alright" I say and I walk out my room door. Only she would pull some stupid shit like this.

Y/N

I was drunk. I was totally drunk. I was singing along to Taylor Swifts "August" now at a bar. Sarah was drunk beside me swaying.

"This is so much better than being drunk alone at the house" I laugh "I never wanna go back"

"Don't! Stay with me here! You'll meet plenty of guys in college" she continues "you won't even remember Conrad exists!"

"I hope so" I laugh.