Chapter 10

Y/N

I arrived back home around 8PM after spending time with Sarah in Boston.

The tour went really well, it's definitely a school I'll be considering in the near future.

When I walked into the house Susannah, my mother and Steven were all sitting at the island in the kitchen playing a game of Uno.

"How was the tour? How's Sarah doing?" My mom asked.

"Good and good. I really liked the school and Sarah is working at her dads business as an intern this summer" I nod.

"That's nice" my mom says.

"You know you can bring Sarah to visit anytime right? I haven't seen her since you guys still had braces!" Susannah says placing down a card.

"Of course. Thank you" I say.

"I'm gonna head up. I'm pretty tired" I say. "Goodnight"

I make my way up the stairs and take out my phone to dial Jack.

He doesn't pick up so I place my phone on my bed and head towards the bathroom. Jeremiah was coming up the stairs at the same time.

"Sorry" i whisper.

"You're okay" he says "how was the tour?"

"Fine" I say.

He nods.

I go into the bathroom and brush my teeth.

Once I'm ready for bed I head back into my room and lay down checking my phone. Still nothing from Jack.

He's usually really good at getting back to his messages. I texted him a goodnight.

I scrolled on Instagram for a few minutes then just as I set down my phone I get a text notification.

I suspected it was from Jack but when I saw his name pop up I froze.

Conrad.

The message read 'midnight swim?'

My heart flutters even though I know it shouldn't. He was an asshole this morning and has been this whole summer. I shouldn't have responded. I liked the message and jumped out of bed.

I quickly changed into my swimsuit and crept down the stairs quietly. The house was still. Everyone was asleep.

Once I reached the back door I saw Conrad sitting on the steps of the pool. I walked out and left my towel on the chair.

I sat down next to him. "Hi"

"Hey" he said eventually turning to look at me. He took a sip of a beer. I noticed the three other empty bottles next to the pool. I wondered if he was drunk. It was always hard to tell with him.

He brushed some hair out of my face, making the butterflies in my stomach do backflips.

"If you're here to flirt and then deny it tomorrow I will leave now" I say quietly.

"I don't want you to leave" he whispered "ever"

"I just don't get it. We had this same conversation earlier. You act like you want me, then you're an ass. I don't know what you want from me" I say.

"I-I want you" he says grabbing my hand.

I bite my lip trying to decide what to say.

"I'm sorry" he says. "About everything"

He drops my hand going into the water and I quickly follow. Allowing it to cover my body fully.

I dunk my head and then Conrad comes closer to me.