[Stars Grow Fonder] Optimus x Megatron TFP (Post War)

Wrote this on a whim. Megatron/Megatronus being a poet is one of my favorite things <3 wish it was talked about more!!

Also, how could I not compare Optimus to stars when he's original name is literally a constellation? It's to perfect!

I used the name Megatronus for Megatron because I think it would be nice if he went back to using that name after the war. Also, yes, he still uses Orion as a sort of nickname for Optimus.

The first poem
( "Though my soul may set in darkness
... I will rise in perfect light;
for I have loved the stars to fondly
... to be fearful of the night." )
is not by me, it's by Sarah Williams! Everything after that though I have written, including the paragraph afterwards and the lullaby at the end, so please do not copy it or use it without permission!! Thank you <3

Also go check out Sarah Williams!! She's an amazing poet and her works are absolutely gorgeous.

Anyways, enough of the small talk, happy readying <3

(Optimus x Megatron)

1413 words

~~~~

"Though my soul may set in darkness
... I will rise in perfect light;
for I have loved the stars to fondly
... to be fearful of the night.

Oh, my shooting star, you do not know how I wish that things would have turned out different than this. For I have seen the future, I have become aware of our fate; for all stars eventually die, and the sky will become a blank slate."

Optimus stared at the page, processing it. He looked up a moment later, turning to the giant silver mech currently lounging on the massive deep red couch in his office. He was curled up in a ball, back pressed to the backrest and knees pulled to his chassis. It was something Optimus was still amazed by; his conjunx was very flexible, especially for his size. The ex gladiator was scrolling through a datapad of his own, a bored look engraved on his face. It was most likely paperwork he had yet to finish.

Being the Lord High Protector, after all, did come with its fair share of responsibilities. A rush of sympathy flooded Optimus' senses, though if his partner noticed it through their bond, he didn't display it.

"Megatronus?" Optimus spoke up, using the mechs original chosen name.

Said mech looked up immediately, meeting Optimus' gaze. "Hm?" He hummed questioningly, though he didn't move from his current position.

"When did you write this?" Optimus asked, holding up the datapad.

Megatronus gave him a questioning look, before he rolled his shoulders and slowly stretched out his limbs. He didn't move anymore than that, though, giving Optimus an expectant look.

Optimus swiveled in his chair to face Megatronus fully, standing easily. He ambled over to the other mech, pausing in front of the sofa and holding out the datapad. He folded his arms over his chassis idly after Megatronus snatched the datapad out of his hands.

Megatronus read over it a couple times, yawning as he did. "I don't know," he said after a moment, flipping the datapad over to look at the back of it. "A while ago," he mumbled, wiping the dust off the back and glaring at the smudged date. He looked up again to meet Optimus' gaze. "Why?"

Optimus shrugged, turning to look at the mounds of boxes of old datapads sprawled around, and on, his desk. "Just curious, I guess," he smiled.

Megatronus laughed at that, and Optimus knew why. The ex gladiator had always found his unending curiosity amusing. "It's about you," he mumbled, smiling, as he set the old datapad on the couch gently, along with the one he'd been reading.