[Goodbye] Drift x Perceptor MTMTE

Very short. Very angsty.

203 words.

~~~

"You had ideas and courage, hopes and dreams, like every other bot I'd come across. But you had a very special, no, unique mindset—one that could only be achieved through what I could merely describe as... determination." Perceptor paused, optics glued to the floor in a fragile attempt to keep himself steady. He trembled slightly, fists clenching as he lifted his head. His voice cracked, the words barely above a whisper. "I guess that's what I loved about you, Drift."

Perceptor turned his optics away, unable to gaze upon the limp body of his former lover. A tear streaked down his cheek, and for the first time in a long time, he felt broken, defeated. He reached over to grab Drifts cold servo, kissing it gently.

A rigid gash gushed out blue Energon on the swordmechs side. His optics were dimmed, and his limbs were heavy. His vents weren't cycling in new air, and his systems were shut down.

Drift was dead; that was the cold hard truth of grim reality.

Perceptor choked on his words, squeezing his optics shut in a futile attempt to keep some type of composure.

"I guess that's what I love about you..."

And that was goodbye.