chapter three

today was the day.

i woke up as soon as my alarm rang, and i got ready in an organized manner.

atleast if im awkward, ill look gorgeous.

i sprayed on my favorite perfume and grabbed my phone, ready to start the work day.

-

the first few hours of work were boring as usual, and at this point i was just relaxing in the back and listening to music because not many people were coming in.

i went back to the counter to see if anyone had arrived, and to my excitement, scara had arrived.

"can i work the register for right now?" i asked the bored girl standing by the register.

"go right ahead." she stepped away, disappearing into the back.

i put on my best confident smile as he opened the door.

"so, you're the random girl who asked me to come here?" he walks up to the counter.

"you went through my account to see my face? aren't you just a charming little stalker." i said, being playful.

"well, you are pretty beautiful. couldn't help but scroll through." he looked down, trying to hide the smile on his face.

"you're too kind." i smile back at him.

i was surprised at how charismatic i was, but i guess my admiration for him is helping me.

"well... what type of bagel would you recommend i get? you seem like a big fan of me, so hopefully you can help me out here."

"hmm... maybe the smoked salmon bagel?" i guessed he would like something like that.

"yeah. that's a good choice. ill have that." he pulls out his wallet.

once he pays, i expect him to sit down and wait at a table, but he doesn't.

"would you like to sit down and eat with me?" he asks.

im touched. maybe i do have impeccable rizz.

"yeah, sure." i say calmly.

i lead him to a table in the corner, and he sits across from me.

"so, how long have you been watching my content?" he leads the conversation.

"i've been watching for... 3 years. i defended you when that other streamer tried to end your career short." i reminiscened.

"isn't it crazy that she fell off and lost pretty much everything she had? karma is a bitch." he laughed a bit.

"yeah. im honestly glad though, she was such an awful person to random streamers." i smile a bit.

my co-worker delivers the bagel to him, and she gives me a chocolate muffin.

"are you guys on a date or something? how shameful, y/n. you're working." she jokes around.

"oh, whatever. i invited him to come here last week. and we're not on a date, technically."

"or maybe we are." scara looks back and forth at me and her.

"alright, well i am going to leave you two be. and i will not snitch. have fun, lovebirds." she called us lovebirds hesitantly, shaking her head in disapproval as she walked away.

"is she usually that nosy?" scara jokes with me.

"well... to be honest, yeah. but she's cool." i glance over at her.

"if you say so."

he takes a bite out of his bagel, and fortunately he seemed to enjoy it.

"nice pick. how'd you know i like seafood though? i swear ive never mentioned it.." he gave me a thumbs up.

"you said on your private twitter you were having sushi. and you shared an image of it as well." i smiled, feeling like a clever detective.

"you're right. you're very observant."

we both talk for about 20 minutes until i realize i should probably get back to work.

"can i get your number before i go?" he asks me.

i was shocked, but of course id never decline him.

"yes, of course." i agree happily.

i put my number into his phone, and i grab our plates so i can clean up.

he waves goodbye as he leaves.

as im washing dishes, i notice lara texted me.

-

lara:
DID HE COM
COME
ANSWER MEEEEEE

you:
sorry, he and i were talking.
you could never relate 💋

lara:
no way
he doesn't lie
respectable man.

you:
HES SO MUCH HOTTER IRL
IM LITERALLY SHAKING
AND HES FUNNY

lara:
ur too lucky brah

you:
well i got his number so i guess he wants to be friends

lara:
NO WAY
he wanna be more than friends i bet you

you:
maybe 🤭
but you might be able to meet him then!!

lara:
ahh yes that'd be so fun!
well im gonna leave u alone now
do u wanna play fortnite tonight tho?

you:
yes ofc pookie

lara:
woo
love you pooks
ttyl

-

i finally got home from work.

even though i got to meet scara today, i was still exhausted from dealing with entitled customers.

but my day wasn't over yet.

as i was turning on my pc to get on fortnite as i promised, i get a text.

-

unknown number:
hey
this is y/n yeah?

you:
yeah
don't get too excited ik im wonderful

scarabae:
ill try but im your biggest fan yo

you:
that's such a coincidence cuz
i happen to be your biggest fan

scarabae:
no way
you're a gorgeous girl

you:
you're making me blush 🤭

scarabae:
that's the scara effect right there
anyway
what are u up to

you:
im abt to play fortnite with my best fren

scarabae:
nice
can i join you?

you:
yes of course 🙀

scarabae:
ahh how fun
getting on rn 👍

-

after playing for two hours, i was fully exhausted. some people might call this lifestyle lazy, or a waste of time.

but the fortnite grind never stops.

i snuggle up under the covers with my favorite stuffed animals, and i check twitter right before i doze off.

just in case.