chapter nineteen

i stared at the ceiling for ages. i didn't even want to leave the bedroom. i felt so miserable, i couldn't even check my phone out of fear i'd see a hateful post.

"hey, y/n? you in there?" someone knocked at the door.

i sit up, and i stare at the door. it sounds like... lara's voice?

i get up and open the door to see lara holding a takeout bag of our favorite food, and a gift bag in the other.

"hey... i got us some stuff to eat." she smiles at me.

i hugged her, staying in an embrace for a while. she hugged me back, rubbing my back as i started to cry.

"i missed you lara..." i pulled back and stared at her, forgetting how nice it was to be with my best friend.

"come on, let's sit in the living room." i walk out of the bedroom and sit on the couch.

she hands me a gift bag full of my favorite snacks and a cute stuffed animal, and she sets a plate of food in front of me alongside a can of my favorite soda.

"i got all your favorites. i knew you were upset, scara was telling me you were sleeping all day... i hope all this makes you feel better." lara said, smiling at me.

her smile cheered me up even more, and i smiled back, my attitude slowly going more positive.

"thank you so much lara... i couldn't ask for a better best friend." i hug her again, briefly.

"so, what happened? i don't go on twitter much." lara asks.

"well... quinn got jealous of me dating scara, and she tried to cancel me. twice." i sighed and looked down at my plate.

"oh shit, she's crazy, huh?" lara commented.

"yeah. i thought she would genuinely end up being a good friend of ours but of course not." i sighed.

"did you atleast prove the accusations to be false?" lara asked.

"for the first set of accusations, yeah. scara apparently made a post about these second set of accusations, but im too scared to look at any discussion of me online." i looked away.

lara nodded, and pulled out her phone, swiping around for a bit.

"hey look- you're trending on twitter?" lara showed me her screen.

as she scrolled through the tweets, i smiled. it was all people defending me, and calling out quinn.

"im so glad everyone is supporting you, y/n." lara smiles, and turns her phone off.

"thank you for showing me, lara. i wouldn't have been able to check my phone for a while still..." i smile.

-

scara stepped into our bedroom, and he smiled at me.

"hey y/n. did you have fun hanging out with lara? i figured you needed to see her." he walled up to me and gave me a hug.

"yeah... i'm so glad she showed me that everyone supports me. i think im gonna start being active again." i nod my head.

"that's so great... thank god all of this has come to an end." scara kisses me on the forehead, moving to the other side of the bed.

"goodnight, scara." i turn off my bedside lamp, smiling at him.

"goodnight, y/n."

-

a/n : next chapter is the final... thank u all for reading !!!
id love to write another scaramouche fic, so if u have any ideas pls comment (but as of posting this now im gonna focus on my childe fic ofc)