chapter nine

a few days had passed, and scara finally gave me more details for the youtube video.

fortunately, he hit 500k in time, so the cake making video is what we were going to film.

anonymous (who's real name is quinn) would be arriving in 4 days. i hadn't talked to her one on one, but she seemed alright.

i had just got home from work, so i decided to text scara to see what he was up to, hoping we could hang out for a bit.

-

you:
hiiii
respond now or else

scarabae:
hi
what's up

you:
what r u doing

scarabae:
nothing rn but im gonna be streaming with childe later

you:
can i stream w u guys
pls

scarabae:
no 😭
you've been streaming so much lately
you need to just rest for tonight

you:
fair point
still annoyed tho
love you

scarabae:
luv u too
do u wanna come over for a bit?
or you can sleep over if you want, but ill be streaming until like 10 probably

you:
LET ME SLEEPOVER

scarabae:
damn okay 😭
ill order some ice cream for us
maybe ill end stream early just to spend time w u

you:
ur too sweet.
ill be over in 20 mins

-

i put on a comfy pajama set, and i decide to bring a bag of clothes to change into in the morning.

i walk to his apartment building once again, ringing his doorbell.

as im going up the elevator, i can't help but think about the upcoming video. i couldn't wait to find out what quinn looks like, and i knew it would be a lot of fun to hang out all together since she was staying for a week.

i walk into his apartment, and scara was not in the living room or kitchen. i figured he was sitting at his desk then.

i walk into his office, and surely enough he was there.

"oh- you're here." he said, startled, but excited to see me.

"yeah, i figured you were in here." i said, smiling at him.

i turned around and saw his bookcase, and it was full of cds on the bottom, and there were many books of different genres at the top.

"you can read anything from there if you'd like. also, the ice cream is in the freezer." he told me.

"aw, thanks. when are you starting stream?"

"in about 20 minutes. ill probably stop streaming after an hour and a half so we can hang out together." he informed me.

"oh, alright then. well im going to read one of these books and eat some ice cream then." i told him, grabbing a book that looked interesting and heading out to the kitchen.

i made myself a bowl of ice cream, and i sat down in his bed, pulling a blanket over me.

the book ended up being pretty long, so fortunately i could read it for most of the time he was streaming.

-

i was so absorbed into the book that i did not realize an hour and a half had passed, and i was surprised to see scara walking in.

"you already finished the stream?" i inquired, surprised.

"yeah. did you like the book?" he asked me.

"yeah, all the plot twists and mystery was so interesting. but im not done reading it yet." i said, marking my place and closing the book.

"you can take it home if you want to. i haven't even started reading that book." he laughed a bit, sitting next to me.

"really? why's that?"

"i have a tendency to buy books but i almost always get overwhelmed by the length of the book and i just forget to read it." he blushed a bit, clearly embarrassed for this odd tendency.

"that sounds like something you'd do." i joked, cuddling up next to him.

we ended up falling asleep quickly, a tv show playing quietly for some ambiance.

i know me and him just met a few weeks ago, but this is one of those moments where i truly feel like he's the one for me.

-

a/n: hi to all the ppl who r reading this, i haven't done an authors note yet somehow

i was scared this was gonna flop but idk ig not???

ive been writing new chapters for this constantly and ignoring my other fanfics 😭 but that's just how it is. ill get to continuing them at another point but whatever

also i might write a childe fanfic in the future because he's bae? idk, anyway love yall, thanks for reading this, hopefully I can post at least one chapter per day