chapter thirteen

i woke up next to scaramouche, texting quickly to someone on his phone.

"scara? you okay?" i sit up and look at him.

"there are people being rude to you on twitter. im making a statement." scara smiled at me.

i could tell he was exhausted. he looked like he hadn't slept since yesterday. i was honored he was sacrificing his sleep to defend him but i didn't want him to get too worried about my issues.

"honey, it's okay. you can worry about it in the morning. go to sleep." i caress his cheek, trying to comfort him.

"i... i have to finish writing. i tried to sleep. i couldn't get it off my mind." he looked away.

"i can't tell you what to do, but i don't want you to be this worried about me." i wrapped my arms around him.

"you're my girlfriend... you're the first person who's truly cared for me. not even my mom treats me as nicely as you do." his voice broke a little, saying the last sentence.

"oh honey," i lay my head on him, "i love you. i'm glad you know i really love you. but you have to leave it for now." i put his phone down.

"fine." he sets his phone on his nightstand, and he turns to me, wrapping me in his arms.

-

i wake up later on, alone in his bed.

i pat my hand around beside me to try and grab for my phone.

i open my eyes to see it on the pillow next to me, and i turn it on to check my notifications.

i see a message from scara telling me he'll be out for almost the whole day.

i wished he would have woke me up as he was leaving, but whatever.

i pour myself a bowl of cereal and i sit on the couch, checking my phone once again.

i check my twitter message requests incase there was anything interesting, and i see the name of my apartment building.

i click to expand the message, and some random anonymous account messaged me something quite disturbing.

-

xyniaql:
you're awful and disgusting
you know scara doesn't actually like you
weirdo
you stalked him before meeting him lmao
you're not good enough for him
your apartment number is 126?
?
respond cunt

you:
what do you want
what the hell

xyniaql:
break up with scara
he doesn't even like u lol
he doesn't even seem interested in you
probably likes quinn or lana more
weirdo
break up with him or ill leak your address

you:
weirdo
go get a job
wrong apartment btw

xyniaql:
dw ill find your actual one.
you'll realize he doesn't like you that much lmao

you:
thats funny cuz he was having quite a lot of fun w me last night

-

i blocked the account, and i sighed, setting my phone down.

i was overwhelmed. they already knew my apartment building, and the apartment number was on the same floor as mine.

i wasn't sure what to do. they very well could find my actual apartment number, but it's not like i could do anything about it. blocking them probably didn't make it any better for me.

i was just going to disregard it for now. there was nothing i really could do, so i would just tell scara when he got home.

-

the door opened, and i jolted quickly. i looked up from the couch to see an exhausted looking scara.

"hey hon... im back." he sighed, setting down his keys and coming over to me to sit on the couch.

"i need to tell you something." i say, looking up at him nervously.

"yeah? what's up?" he asks.

"this person threatened to leak my address if i didn't break up with you, and they nearly got my apartment number correct. what do you think i should do?" i revealed.

scaramouche sighed deeply, and covered his face.

"i knew something like this was going to happen... i have to release a statement. this is awful." he looks visibly upset.

"i don't want to put pressure on you-"

"no, it's fine. im supposed to protect you from this crazy shit." he interrupted me.

we sit there in silence for a little longer, scaramouche looking concerned and a bit stressed.

"are you hungry?" i finally asked him, after a weird moment of silence.

"yeah. were you gonna make dinner?" he asked.

"yeah, ill get started on dinner. don't stress yourself out." i tell him, as i get up and walk in the kitchen.

-

dinner that night was silent, and little words were exchanged besides a simple "i love you."

i felt bad for putting all this pressure on scara, especially since he seemed to be busy with something else he just couldn't tell me about. i know it wasn't really my fault, but if i had never seeked him out people wouldn't think i was a weird stalker.

i just hope this can end peacefully, somehow.

-

a/n: im really sorry for not updating in a few days my mental health is awful and my home situation could be better to say the least. also this fic was pushed to the top of a lot of tags so a shit ton of new readers, woo!! im so glad ppl are enjoying this ♡