chapter eleven

scaramouche, set up the camera, making sure it wasn't blurry.

"are we just supposed to stand here and... look at the camera?" quinn asks.

"yeah, precisely." scara responds.

i stand next to scara, wrapping my arm around his waist, and quinn stands next to me, with her arm resting on my shoulder.

we pose for a thumbnail before doing our intro, and then we get to filming the cake making.

-

"goodness, this cake is so good." scara licks frosting from this thumb.

"it's not gonna run away from you honey, you don't have to eat so primal." i responded, laughing at his eagerness to eat.

"to be fair, this cake is pretty good. maybe we should apply for a baking show. we'd definitely win." quinn laughed.

"i guess you both are right, the cake is pretty good." i pick up a piece of cake with my fork.

"so... i guess i could finish the editing for this video in a few days. let me get a few pics of us eating, actually."

he takes out his phone and takes various pics of us posing for the camera with our slightly professional looking cake.

"it'll be so weird to watch the video... considering im in it." i comment.

"yeah, i was just thinking about that." quinn agreed.

"well i don't have an editor so i have to replay my content all the time while editing, imagine how i feel." scara jokingly said, in his rendition of a posh accent.

-

we all decided to have movie night tonight, and then tomorrow we would go to the local carnival.

me and quinn sit next to each other on the couch, and I pull a blanket over both of us, leaving a bit off of the end for scara.

scara finally walks over, and he's carrying a bowl of popcorn and a bowl of our favorite candies.

"im not gonna have any candy, so you guys should just put the bowl on the side table." scara hands me the bowl, and so i place it on the table next to quinn.

scara picks the first movie, and he chooses a comedy movie from the 2000s.

however, i was already falling asleep in the middle of the movie, so i just rested my head on his shoulder.

-

i woke up, and the sun was shining through the curtains. it seemed to be the early morning, about 5-7am.

i was laying my head on scara, and so in turn quinn was resting her head on me.

i was pretty comfortable and i didn't want to move for a second, but i wanted to check the time and use the bathroom so i carefully moved quinn off of me, so she was resting her head on the couch arm.

i grabbed my phone and headed off to the bathroom, and i checked my phone. i had no messages from anyone, and even my twitter was pretty silent. the person who was mad at me also hadn't interacted with my tweets in a while.

it was only 7am, so i was just going to go into scaras room rather than wedge myself inbetween the two on the couch.

i got into his bed, and i turned on a show quietly. shortly after i turned it on, scara walked in, and sat next to me.

"did i wake you up?" i said, looking over at him.

"yeah, i just woke up. quinn is still asleep though." he cupped my face with his hand, smiling at me.

"yeah, she seemed pretty tired. when are we going to the carnival?" i asked.

"probably at 11am. im just going to go back to sleep, but can you wake me and quinn up at 9?" he asks me.

"yeah, sure." i uncover the spot on the bed next to me so he can get in.

he quickly falls asleep again, so i continue watching tv.

-

i checked my phone, and it was already 9am. i lightly shook scara awake.

"wake up hon. it's 9am."

he slowly opens his eyes, and he turns around.

"i don't want to wake up." he groaned into the pillow.

"you asked me to wake you up now." i giggled, leaning over to look at him.

"oh... you're right." he quickly goes back to his usual self, sitting up and rubbing his eyes.

"im gonna go wake up quinn now." i get out of the bed, and i go into the living room.

"oh, you're already awake." i say to the girl, who is looking at her phone.

"yeah, i just woke up a few minutes ago. should we be getting ready now?" she asks.

"yeah, scara says we should go to the carnival at about 11." i tell her.

"alright, let me get ready then." she gets up.

"okay. if you need to know where anything is, just text me, or knock on the bedroom door." i tell her, before heading back into the bedroom.

i brushed my teeth and did my skincare routine next to scara, and he smiled at me.

"it's interesting to see your morning routine." he says.

"yeah? well, i sometimes forget to do my skincare routine. but im trying to stay organized." i smile back at him.

i get dressed into the outfit i packed, and he gets dressed as well.

i grab one of his jackets since i forgot to bring one, and it was cold outside.

i step into the living room, and quinn was already dressed, and the colors she wore matched mine.

"fuck, how'd we end up matching colors?" quinn said inbetween laughs.

"right? maybe scara will end up matching too." i laugh.

scara walks out, and of course he's wearing the same colors as me and quinn.

"does this make us a soulmate trio now? cuz how have we matched without planning?" quinn laughs as scara walks into the room.

"must be. we have to take a picture together now." i stand up, and i prop my phone up on something sturdy.

i turn on the photo timer, and we all pose for the picture.