Chapter4: The Artist

Arc1: Chapter4

Leon was a person obsessed with art. Since he was young, Leon was in love with beauty and could gaze at pieces of art -painting, sculpture, etc- for hours.

He tried his hand at painting. And like everyone else, the start was hard. Leon wanted his art to be perfect. Every single art. And he was frustrated and angry when he found he couldn't.

He threw a fit and tantrums like a child he was. Of course, he couldn't have perfect drawings at his first try at every picture. He was simply a beginner. But Leon couldn't accept that. He was on the verge of throwing the drawing away.

That was when he met Bachira Yuu.

The woman who claimed to have had a monster within her. And she was a fantastic artist. The young Leon had no patience in him at all, and, more than a drawing teacher to him, Bachira Yuu was a teacher to his patience.

She was the woman who shaped him into the person who he was right now. To Leon, who had absent parents and a younger brother who looked up to him more like a parent instead of a brother, Bachira Yuu took the place in his life as a mother figure.

From her, Leon got a first ever friend in life. Bachira Meguru, who became his bestfriend.

Leon began drawing again. This time with more patience and his imperfection at every art. Although his drawings were nothing but a pile of shits at first, slowly, he got better.

Right to say, he was ecstatic.

Originally, Leon thought that art only meant painting. However, he had a realization that it wasn't.

Art was simply everywhere. It was there in the scenery, it was there in the moon, it was there among the stars, it was there in nature, in the tales of birds, and painting, sculpture, music, everything.

Leon was not a sappy person, but for him, everything could be art. Even soccer.

[ 5 : 2]

Team W had dominated the match again.

Others held their breath as a– a beauty happened right in front of them. It couldn't be described with something other than beauty. That goal was beauty– it was art itself.

And that goal went straight into Shidou Ryusei's heart.

Leon had fallen in love once before. With the king of the ice. He had gotten over his first puppy crush though. That man already had a fiance, who was also an absolute art at ice skating.

But when he was still in love, and young, Leon pursued his love, by ice-skating of course. Mind you, he had a gold medal in his closet. Which he snatched right under the ice king, that one time when he was the first and the king was second; It was one of his proudest moments.

He would never forget the moment when he held the medal high and got the first place over his idol– crush.

Ice-skating was at first, a tool for getting close to his crush. And then, it became his art. The Artist, Leon Ose, it was something he prided himself in.

To his dismay, he wasn't called 'The Artist' in soccer like he was in the ice-skating world. Instead, it was something gross like 'Bloody Flower of Japan'. What the fuck was up with that goosebump raising title?

Leon vowed he would get his title of 'The Artist' in whatever the field he was in no matter what. He wanted the title 'The Artist' to be associated with the name 'Ose Leon'.