Chapter10: Awakening

Arc1: Chapter10

   Then, Leon moved, no one standing in his way anymore. Team Red's mentalities... Igaguri out; Naruhaya out; Barou out.

So, note Leon's surprise when Naruhaya of all people got behind him and stole the ball from him in a moment of letting down his guard.

It was Leon's mistake. Because he already thought that victory was theirs and relaxed before the match had truly finished.

This will never happen again!

Leon was someone who knew to fix their mistakes.

"Kurona, cover!"

"Easy, peasy"

"Shidou!"

"Aye, aye, captain~"

Leon, at this moment, had an overwhelmingly oppressive aura. And who knew Shidou was a pervert for someone like this?

Shidou blushed, grinning wide, he dragged his tongue over his lower lip and stood at a distance, staring down at the quivering Igaguri and frozen Barou.

As per Leon's silent request– no, order conveyed by those pretty eyes, he was guarding both Igaguri and Barou.

"He worries too much. As if those squashed bugs could get up again," Shidou said, the eyeshadow under his eyes giving him an extra 'bully-like' look. "But... that gaze.. gives me shivers." He wrapped himself with his arms, head up to the ceiling, eyes rolled backward, and furiously blushing, as if he was about to c*m.

His eyes followed Leon's figure, who appeared as if he was bathed in light.

Kurona stayed in front of Team White's goal. Knees bent, and muscles tensed, readied to react at any time.

Naruhaya's eyes were no longer affected by his previous feelings like inferiority complex.

Surprisingly, as long as you accept yourself, including all the ugly parts of you, it became easier. Naruhaya had fully accepted that he was just an average joe and that Isagi was stronger than him.

But, it didn't mean he was giving up.

Darkness swirled in Naruhaya's eyes.

It just meant that I just have to find a way for myself! No way am I letting myself trampled!

'Trampled' in this case didn't mean physically losing. No, he meant 'mentally trampled'. As long as he hadn't lost, Naruhaya will keep fighting, with the ugly parts of himself serving as the fuel.

How hadn't I realized that before?

Naruhaya dodged the onslaught of Leon's attack. He could feel it, his footsteps were becoming better.

That, I am the one dragging myself down?

In the end, the one who was responsible for dragging Naruhaya down was none other than himself.

This... feels so good.

All the time in Team Z, Naruahaya had been feeling frustrated because he hadn't become better, when his teammates became better than him, one after one.

Was this how Isagi felt?

Naruhaya's ego was evolving every second. Actively pulling himself up and challenging a stronger opponent, Naruhaya's mentality was changing.

Who wouldn't like to experience yourself becoming better every second?

Naruhaya felt as if he was free.