Chapter14: Anti-Combo

Arc1: Chapter14

What is this despair... that squeezes my heart?

At that moment, Barou thought a lot of things and felt a lot of things.

If I accept this so-called 'losing'...

Barou Shouei had never accepted his loss. Because he was Barou Shoei, and because of his philosophy. Barou Shoei was a man far more complicated than someone obsessed with being 'the 'King'.

And yet... I don't feel any frustration. Is it because I'm not the main character anymore?

Philosophies engraved deep into one's heart couldn't be changed easily. Barou Shoei was still reluctant.

If I act as a supporting role right now... we'll win. This is the first time I'm feeling this way. These two are showing me the vision of a goal.

For the first time in his life, Barou Shoei understood.

If I pass... I will become a piece of the coming goal. Shit.. the way I'm right now... You two are way too bright. So that's how it feels... All the guys who passed to me before...... were feeling like this.

But now, Isagi Yoichi was forcing him to look at reality. Before, he had lost terribly to Leon, and his heart knew it, but he was unable to accept it.

If I entrust the ball to the absolute striker.. I will be saved from this feeling of 'losing'.

He went on and on with his delusion and immaturity.

I... wasn't the King.

Until someone came and destroyed it all.

...

It was at that moment when Barou felt that he was pathetic and wallowing in despair... The ball fell under Barou's feet, seemingly nothing more than a prank of fate.

What was he supposed to do?

What was the 'right' decision?

The 'right' decision was to pass the ball to Isagi or Nagi and secure their victory.

Become a side character for the rest of your life.

It was a necessary sacrifice.

The moment, Barou was about to swing his leg... time stopped for him. A mirage of visions came out of nowhere, showing the future of the side character Barou Shoei.

Is this really what I want...? Barou's whole body felt heavy, even though fate had already decided his destiny for him, Barou was unwilling to accept it. No... I don't want that!

Barou didn't want the future he would have if he were to succumb to his fate.

+++++

The moment you understand yourself is when you finally awaken.

+++++

The light you created on this field... I'll devour it.. and turn it into darkness!

...

Right there and then, a combo none had seen before blossomed.

An anti-combo.

"You guys won, huh? Congratulations." Coincidence or not, Leon had the pleasure of meeting Isagi and the groups again.