Chapter8: Butterfly Effects

A/N: Cringe, cringe, cringe... where can I dig a hole?

Arc1: Chapter8

   Kurona, as soon as he walked in, he was dragged over by Leon and Shidou to fill the third spot in the team. He didn't even have a chance to rise any objections.

If this were fiction, this would be his villain's original story— lmao, just kidding.

Kurona was a rather relaxed guy. Confused, he just shrugged his shoulders and let those two drag him over to who knew where.

It was a good thing that those two were not human kidnappers.

"You have beautiful eyes," Kurona blinked, and blood rushed to his nape all at once. Kurona's eyes were different from others since his birth.

Admittingly, he had been a subject of bullying. He had never been praised for his eyes. His eyes had never been called 'beautiful' by anyone before. Not even his mother.

The redhead's eyes were beast-like. Weren't the slits in them evident? 'Beast', that was what his mother liked to call him.

One day, Kurona couldn't take it anymore. And begged God to take him away. To save him.

The boy in front of him -Leon, he knew him, the Bloody Flower of Japan- gently touched his cheekbones. The beautiful violet eyes, which in his humble opinion, were thousand times more beautiful than his own, watched him with curiosity.

God never helped him. Even when he piously worshipped him like no other.

Their faces were so close. Kurona was an introvert and because he analyzed himself too often, Kurona knew that he was born not to be a leader. His more-than-average skills and luck were what kept him alive in the Blue Lock. Truthfully, he would not be surprised if he were kicked out of the program right now.

Slowly, Kurona lost his faith and let go of his hopes.

Those crystal-like violet eyes reflect himself, Kurona Ranze, who appeared as though he wasn't a mess under the stoic facade, as if he wasn't an animal who didn't know his place.

Kurona saw his ugly self in those mirror-like reflections. And he knew that Leon knew that too.

He was simply tired. He just wanted someone to accept him in the end.

So why wasn't Leon letting go of him already.

There was no fear, no disgust in those eyes. Only curiosity, Kurona realized. Leon wanted to know more about him.

(Leon wanted to know more about him. That meant that he accepted Kurona, right?)

Kurona no longer believed in God.

At that moment in Kurona's eyes, the simple light shining down from the ceiling covered Leon's whole form as if he was an angel coming down from Heaven.

He felt his hand move and covered the back of Leon's hand with his own, and leaned his face on their intertwined hands.

At that moment, Kurona turned into a believer once more.

(A/N: Ness 2.0. Sorry, Isagi. Your hoe had turned into Leon's hoe.)

"Yo, why are you flirting with this guy instead of me?" Shidou whined, ruining the atmosphere in the process.