Chapter 3

Y/n felt her heart sink. That was it, this wasn't only a visit. She had been forced here to spill it all out, since this was actually a local place to come to. The room started closing in around her, uneasiness crossing her chest. Did she really have to come here from school only for this to happen? Finaly, she gave up, taking the chance.

"Ok...so...this is your office?", she asked the man she now knew as the psychiatrist. He nodded aproovingly. "And...I can talk to you here?", she asked. "Come on, you can do it", Wakko whispered, letting go of her hand and placing it on her back, in attempt to pat it. Y/n stepped forward and turned to face him. His expression was that one of encouragement and seriousness.

A force made the corners of her mouth turn up. What was up with her? Smiling at a creature's expression for no reason? It was strange. Like she could actually...trust him? No? Was that really the only word coming to her mind? Maybe because Wakko and Dr. Scratchensniff were the only ones she could think of.

But trusting a non-human being? It sounded pitiful to y/n. Unfortunately, that was the truth and there was nothing she could do about it. "I'll wait for you outside, ok?", said Wakko. She just nodded and he left, waving goodbye. Y/n slowly walked over to the couch and sat down. "First, can you please tell me about this...show that Wakko mentioned?", she asked, "And what species is he?". 

So this was what the psychiatrist had told her. The show, which was filmed in the 90's, was called Animaniacs. Wakko was a toon, and had a brother and a sister. Altogether, they were the Warners. As for what he had said, it wasn't about visiting the places from the whole first season, but only from 1993, since it also covered a little bit of 1994.

"They call me Scratchy", said the doctor. "Really?", asked y/n with a chuckle. "And a p-sychiatrist", he said, which made her laugh. Then she sighed. "Sorry. I know that wasn't funny", she said, still feeling amusment. "Ah, it's ok", he said, "Ze show itself is a comedy. Wakko doesn't like it, though". "It's ok, I don't mind", she said. "Zat's why he only wants to show you ze places from the first year".

She nodded in understatement. It was better like that anyway. Having to spend just enough time with the little toon who annoyed her in some way. But wait, maybe there were more people she could turn to. And what was even the problem with Wakko? Except that he wasn't human? That didn't really matter. He could still-

"There's also ze studio nurse, if you want to go talk to her". Y/n's eyes suddenly widened and a smile spread across her face, "Really?? Can I?". "Go ahead", said the psychiatrist. She jumped from the couch and ran out, slamming the door shut. "Hey, y/n, what're you-", Wakko tried to call, but she just ran past him and stopped at the next door, frantically knocking on it.

After a brief moment, a young blonde woman opened the door. "Um...hi?", y/n greeted, staring at her. Why did they always have to hire provokly-looking young women? That was another thing that annoyed her. The age gap between her and the nurse didn't seem to be bigger than 10 years, which gave y/n a feeling this place was a little suspicious. Like she had actually stepped into Hollywood's "privacy".

"Are you new here?", asked the nurse. Sigh, this was the second time y/n'd been asked that. So she just nodded. "May I come in?", she asked. "Sure", said the nurse with a smile as she stepped aside for y/n to enter. Closing the door behind her, y/n went over to a nearby desk and sat down. "So, you came here to talk?", asked the nurse as she sat across from her.

"Uh...yes", said y/n, looking up at her. "Have you already been to Dr. Scratchensniff's office?", asked the nurse. "He'd explained to me about Animaniacs, yes", said y/n. "Ah, yes, the show", said the nurse, "I saw Wakko waiting outside". "He actually brought me here", said y/n, "About that...".

An image of him smiling flashed trough her mind. There was just something weird about him. Like he was tryimg to impress her but at the same time...she had no idea. "What?", asked the nurse. It was as though someone had given y/n the answer, but hadn't elaborated. She sighed, remembering one more thing.

"I forgot, I'm y/n, nice to meet you", she said. "Nice to meet you too", said the nurse, shaking her hand. "So...it all started yesterday...", y/n began.