Chapter 4

So, y/n told the nurse the whole story. "I feel strange...", she said in the end. "Why?", asked the nurse. "Because...the three of you are the only ones I feel I can trust, even if I've only just met you". "I know how you feel", said the nurse, placing her hand on y/n's, "Sometimes, a family is not who we live with".

Y/n eyes widened as her heart suddenly skipped a beat. "You mean...". "No, you don't have to call us your family now", said the nurse, "But if you really feel that way, it's no big deal. We won't hurt you, I promise". Still, y/n was unsure. These were people- and a toon, who came from a filming society, where half of the things were taken as a  joke and there were little to no genuine feelings. But she couldn't judge them by where they had come from.

"Will you tell Wakko to promise the same?", she whispered. "Who, me?", the nurse chuckled, "Why don't you do that?". "Ok, I'll do it", said y/n, "But not today. Nor tomorrow. Nor in two days. Maybe next week, but even that's not for sure". With that, she walked out. He was still waiting for her. "So, Wakko...Warner, right?", she started the conversation as they made their way to the exit.

Wakko just nodded, enjoying the time he spent with her. "How old are you, I forgot to ask?", y/n demanded. That would help him earn her trust, she tought. "Eleven", he said. "E-eleven...?". Now that was strange. Oh, wait. "Yes. My siblings and I have a certain age that doesn't change". No wonder, y/n tought. Who knew how stranger those toons could be.

The rest of the way they talked about toon abilities and personality. "You know...", said y/n, "I can't belive I'm actually in a part of Hollywood". "Pf, that's nothing", said Wakko, "We're being used here". "Used?!", she would never think they were. "Well it doesn't seem you are". "It may not seem", he said, "But it is like that".

"It's just...am I even allowed here?", she asked. "Of course", he said. "Well thank you", she said, "I'm annoyed by how they hire such people as the nurse". "Please don't be", he said, "I know it all seems awful, but it's not like we're under someone's control. I mean if we were...I don't even want to think about it". "Well I'm glad about that, but...the fact that I have to be a part of it...".

"Who told you that?", asked Wakko. She glanced at him, not knowing if she could tell him anything. "Uh...the nurse...?", she finaly said. He stared back at her, not beliving. Suddenly, y/n remembered something. About Wakko not liking comedy. That was the reason he said he was being used. Well, it still didn't seem like that. Maybe it was over?

"Wait a minute, who invited me here in the  first place, huh?", she asked. "Oh, sorry", he said. "No, it's ok. Just please don't tell me such things anymore". "As you will", he said. He was smiling again, which made her feel...uncomfortable. To make matters worse, she knew exactly why. But she had decided not to tell him anything about the break up. For right now, y/n wanted to be single. And there was no going back.

"So...I'll see you tomorrow?", she asked. "Sure", he said, "Same time?". "Same time", she confirmed. There. If she was to spend time with him visiting random places, she'd do it and nothing more. Y/n went home, exhausted from both school and these not so pleasant conversations.

The next day...

Bern, Switzerland, 1905. Mostly known for choclate. "And I forgot the rest...", said Wakko as they were walking trough the streets of the old town. "So we came here by...what?", asked y/n. "Hm...let me name it...time and space travelling whirl?". She chuckled, "That's a good name for a toon ability". She looked around. The streets were desolate, surronded by nature. Everything was quiet, leaving them on their own.

"Hey, wanna sing a song?". Y/n turned her head towards him, her eyes wide with some kind of annoyance. "No!", she firmly said, "Besides, I don't know any of your-". Too late. Wakko got a bag from behind his back, trew it over his shoulder, and started marching forward coreographicly, singing some silly scouts song about buying cookies.

To make things even more embarrising, at the end of it, he started yodeling, not in actual way though, jumping up and down like a super hyperactive kid, leaving y/n on her back, laughing her head off. As she sat back up on the ground, he made a sweet and innocent face, saying, "I guess it's the chocolate effect", in the same innocent voice, then fully and swiftly turned towards her, shouting, "And don't you dare stop me from doing whatever I'll do now! Catch me if you can!", before speeding off.

Y/n barely came to her senses, watching all of that happen before her eyes. Finaly, she quickly stood up and ran after him, "Hey! Come back here, you!". After a while of running, she came to a stop, hearing some yelling. "I'm not taking your stupid cookies! I'm here trying to solve the mysteries of the universe!".

The what? She swiped around to face a small house and...Wakko standing there. Y/n ran up to him and saw...a familiar face, but drawn. "Albert Einstein??", she asked, unsure of the realness. "That is me", said the white haired man. Wakko turned to face her, surprised to see her. "Would you like a cookie?", he asked. Y/n snatched the box from his hands and hid it behind her back, "No, thank you. First, let's see what this man wants".