Chapter 18: A surfacing threat (II)

"For shit's sake why must it come out now?! I'm absolutely sure that now I can't even defeat Velzard,how am I supposed to fight out of all and everything,a prime Ivarage?!" After a while of conversation in the room,an unintelligible Rimuru was seen to walk in laps and keep on rambling.

All that while the others are staring at him.

"Uh,you there..Benimaru right?" Feldway, on his seat,reached out to Benimaru and asked.

"Yep."

"Well uh..is he always like this? You know,acting like..that?" Feldway asked Benimaru as both of them kept on staring at Rimuru that's being comforted by Veldanava.

"No actually. I'm quite surprised to see my lord behaving like this. This Ivarage must've been his friend for a long time,right?" The horned general said jokingly,and Feldway simply sighed.

"You could say that. In fact,sometimes I couldn't help but think that Ivarage and him were tied by fate. Many important matters of his life often involved Ivarage,directly or indirectly. Oh yes! I met him at a meeting hosted by Veldanava-sama on some Ivarage matters along with other angel generals. Should have told Obera or Zalario,heh."

"Others?" Benimaru asked Feldway,confused,to which he replied.

"Yes. There are, including me,3 head generals of the angels. Some others died out,or stepped down overtime. But the three,me,Zalario and Obera are the main ones left. We are all very good friends with him."

"What about Dino-sama? I heard that he's also an angel,right? One time I heard that Veldanava-sama told Dino to find a random place to settle in and mentioned something like "I didn't remember having a homeless appointed angel observer,go find a house or stuff!". Things like that,so I guessed without asking."

"Oh don't Sama Dino. He's just a lazy head,due to how lazy he is,his sect of angels don't even know Rimuru,including him. Next time I see his ass here I'm pulling him over for a drink contest. Of course,I must even my scores with Rimuru last time just because he took on 31 cups and I only had 29!" Feldway proudly exclaimed to Benimaru,who was genuinely surprised that his lord before was quite a drinker.

"You two,can you be more serious?! This is Ivarage! And the thing is,I just wanted a decent, good fight with him that doesn't wreck half of the world to barren wastelands! Now not only I can't,but I can't stop him either!"

Rimuru after watching them chatting for a while,finally interrupts and expresses his concerns.

"Hey hey,calm down there bud. Overreacting ain't getting you anywhere. This isn't like you,remember? You never panic when you face him,why now? We have many, many ways to deal with him,I can even break the rules on a few rare occasions and help directly in this matter."

And after a bit more persuading and comforting,Rimuru's sudden exploding paranoia finally vanishes back to god-knows-where-it-came-from and he's back to being himself.

"God for nothing sakes! I feel a lot better now!" He said while jumping all around the table,ignoring curious stares coming from every single corner.

"....Anyway back to the main part. Forget him for the time being." Veldanava said and turned the main focus back to proper matters,except for a certain slime.

"I will appoint more forces to oversee and keep an eye on the seal and the dimension. Copy that." Feldway raised his hands and said.

"And we will do our part too. To prepare for a dangerous conflict that is to come." Geld said and others nodded in agreement.

"I will do my own thing then,first thing first is to get some more training for the guy over there." He pointed at Rimuru,who was sitting at the corner after calming down.

"Why again me Velda?!"

"Don't why me at ME! Your power is coming back bit by bit every day, yes that is true,but at this rate you need hundreds and thousands of years to be back at full strength,and we have no such time to be wasted on JACK!" He stood in front of him and pulled his face and nose while screaming. "I am giving you extras. Extra training to speed that process up."