chapter 1

April 23, 1994
charlotte wakes up cold. she drags herself out of bed, far too early for her liking. with a loud sigh, she leaves her dorm and trudges to class.
The halls were packed, much to her dismay. a huge group of people, Ravenclaws and a few Slytherins from what she could see, were heading towards her in a huge clump. she looked down at her shoes as they past, wanting to avoid an awkward encounter. As the crowd finally passed, Charlotte started to look up, only to be viciously knocked to the ground. Her eyes snapped up to see who did it, and she came face to face with someone she would never dream of having an encounter with, Mattheo Riddle.
"umm...excuse me?" she said, in shock at his rudeness.
"you're excused." he said cockily, eyeing her up and down.
Charlotte scoffed in annoyance at his righteous attitude. "you're not." she said, angrily.
Mattheo raised a brow in surprise, "says who?"
"me."
"and who are you?"
"charlotte black, who are you?" charlotte asked in response , knowing full well who he was.
"you don't know who i am?" he muttered in surprise.
"nope, but i'd love to find out." she said, sarcastically.
"i'm Mattheo Riddle." he announced , his voice portraying a tone of importance.
"cool." charlotte said, trying to get a reaction out of him.
"it sure is, black."
"don't call me that!" she called after him, but he was already walking away.
~
charlotte walked into potions, still seething from her run in with riddle. she sighed loudly, pulling herself out of her reverie, she sat down at her uncomfortable seat, next to her best friend, Pansy.
"you'll never guess who i ran into." she stated, before getting cut off by professor snape.
"get up everyone, to start the new term, we're switching desk partners." he announced in his clear, cold voice.
dreadfully, charlotte got up and looked for the seat Snape directed her to. a few seconds after she sat down, a tall, mysterious figure made its way toward her. her new potions partner approached her, and excitement and nervousness shot through her at the thought of finding out who she was gonna be working with for the rest of 6th year. he sat down next to her with a cocky laugh. she looked over at him, dread filling her. mattheo fucking riddle.