part 16

tw: char can't hold alcohol and it shows

charlotte woke up warm, once again. she was basically completely on top of mattheo, with his arms wrapped around her neck, almost like a hug. he was so close to her, that she swore she could feel his heartbeat, and she probably could. she layed her head back down on his shoulder, and let the familiar feeling of sleep wash over her again.

when she woke next, she was laying on her side, facing mattheo. his eyes were open, looking at her with some forlorn look she'd never seen him wear before. her hand moved to curl around his, waiting for him to squeeze her hand. he did, and charlotte couldn't tell if it made her feel better or worse.

"morning matty," she said with a smile, trying to cheer him up.
"morning char," he said, smiling back at her.

he got off the ground where he lay, offering a hand to help her up. he led her back into the house, and to the room next to his. it had all the clothes she had bought in the dresser and closet, and the walls were painted a pretty pink. it was her room. she got dressed in a pink tank top and black jean shorts, and walked to the bathroom to do her makeup and brush her teeth. when she was done, she met mattheo in the hallway. he led her to the kitchen, and he made her eggs and toast. she ate it sitting next to him at the kitchen island.
"pansy's throwing a party tonight, wanna go?" he asked as they ate.
"sure," charlotte said, excited to see all her friends.

after breakfast, charlotte rushed up to her room to get ready. she pulled on one of her new dresses, a light blue sundress with white flowers on it, and walked to mattheos room.
"are you ready?" he asked, holding out his arm to her.
"yeah," she said, taking his hand and apparating to pansy's.

the party was already started when they arrived. she walked inside, still clutching mattheos hand. she watched as people turned their heads to watch them walk in. it made her excited, knowing that everyone knew they were well... something. she walked up to the bar with mattheo still trailing her, she poured herself a vodka coke and watched as mattheo did the same. they danced for a while before the party settled down and they moved on to party games again.
"we should play seven minutes in heaven!" astoria suggested loudly.
"okay!" pansy yelled out, making everyone form a circle in her sitting room.

first off, hermione went in pansy's luxurious hall closet with ron, and theo went in with daphne.
when it came cedric's turn to pick, he turned to charlotte and smiled brightly.
"charlotte," he started, "will you go in with me?"
charlotte turned towards mattheo, looking to gauge his reaction, but his face was blank.
"sure," she said hesitantly, following him to the closet.

"so," he said when they got in, "what do you wanna do?" he smirked.
"umm," she said quietly, "i'm kinda seeing someone."
"oh," he said, visibly disappointed, "i'm sorry i didn't know."
"oh it's okay," she said, smiling at him gently before leaving the closet and walking back to the circle.
"how was it?" pansy winked suggestively.
"fine," charlotte said, nodding awkwardly.
"mattheo," pansy started, "who do you wanna go with?"
"charlotte," he said flatly, grabbing her hand and pulling her to the closet. the door barely closed before he pushed her gently against it.

"what the fuck was that about?" he asked.
"what?" she replied, confused.
"you went in here with fucking cedric." mattheo stated coldly.
"he's my friend." charlotte explained.
"yeah?" mattheo asked angrily.
"yes." charlotte replied exasperatedly.
"and how 'friendly' were you?" he asked.
"i was very friendly when i told him i didn't want to do anything with him." charlotte said rolling her eyes.
"oh," mattheo said, bending down a little to kiss her. charlotte stood on her toes to wrap her hands around his neck and pull him closer to her. he kissed her roughly, pulling her closer until she was practically on top of him. he grabbed the bottom of her thighs and lifted her up. she wrapped her legs around his torso, as she did, he bit down on her lip roughly. he pulled back and looked at her, a bit of blood dripping on his lip.

"sorry," he said, but he didn't really look sorry at all. he leaned back in and kissed her again. she pulled at his curly brown hair, and was astonished by how soft it was. she kissed him back roughly, and pulled at his hair when he moved down to kiss her neck.
"mattheo," she said quietly, "i think our seven minutes are up,"
"no there not." he said, moving to kiss her again before a loud knock cut them off.
"your time is up, slutty char!" pansy yelled with a laugh, as she walked back toward the circle. mattheo turned her towards him and raised his thumb to wipe the blood off her lip from her cut. he nodded his head in approval before grabbing her hand and walking her back to the circle of other people.
"jesus charlotte," astoria greengrass said, "it looks like a coyote attacked your neck,"
charlotte blushed and looked down as mattheo laughed. she walked back over to the bar and got another drink. she drank it quietly next to mattheo as the other couples were sent into the closet. many came out in the same condition she did, ruffled clothes, messy hair, kissed lips, but others come out the same way they went in.

by the time the party ended, charlotte was so tired she could barely even walk. her and mattheo made it back to riddle manor, and as charlotte turned to walk into her bedroom, mattheo grabbed her arm and led her into his room. she layed down and he pulled close to her, hugging her tightly to him. she wrapped her arms around his neck, and let her eyes drift shut contently. she felt the alcohol swish in her veins, and she couldn't stop herself from saying what she did next.
"i lovee you matty." she said grinning at his shocked face and smacking a big wet kiss on his cheek. she rolled over and scooted towards him, smiling when he wrapped his arm around her waist again. she laughed a little and held his hand.
"love you too charlotte." he said, and by his tone of voice she could tell he was either smiling or frowning, but she couldn't decipher which it was. without the stability of sobriety to try and figure it out, she let the calming waves of sleep pull her under.