Chapter 1 - A Fated Reunion

Sudden door slap woke Kaveh up. Nothing new, just another day living rent free in this newly rebuilt attic (it was his own idea and it went quite well, even though it was low-budget). Also another day of staying in well known Lambads tavern.

So many things happened in past few weeks and Kaveh still tried to make sense of it all. As mentioned, he lived here for free and he knew well it won't go on forever. So at least he tried to help his saviour, Lambad himself, with anything he could. He would help him light all the candles in candlesticks that were placed by almost all the windows and some chandeliers hanging from the ceiling, he would even help him wash the dishes in the evening. And rarely he would get some architectural commissions as well which was the thing he worked on late in nights. He would get bottle of some leftover alcohol as a thank you gift from his newly gained friend Lambad (or at least Kaveh thought of him as his friend) every now and then even though he always said he doesn't deserve it. He really thought he doesn't. He was waste of space after all.
Lambad knew well about everything that was bothering Kaveh thanks to his drunken speeches. When everything was too much for him he would grab some alcohol and then talk for hours. It wasn't bothering Lambad at all but still he would think about what could help this poor man feel better.

Days had changed into months and suddenly it was half a year since Kaveh moved into the tavern and he slowly started with some savings so he could possibly move out soon, he doesn't want to bother Lambad anymore.
He was woken up by the loud sound of main entrance doors, which happened often. It's a tavern after all and not everyone walks in or out fully sober.
Kaveh sighted and slowly got up from his small but comfy bed. He worked all night on his latest project so he didn't get a lot of sleep. At least not enough sleep to be nice through the day. He quickly changed and tried to fix his hair a little but the lack of patience just caused an angry noice and the blonde just grabbed his hair clips and went out of his room.
He fell on the chair at the bar and begged Lambad for one shot of alcohol on the house and he just sighed.
"What's the matter, don't tell me you didn't sleep well, Kaveh?," Lambad asked while pouring some whiskey into a glass.
"That's not your business," Kaveh answered as he tried to stay in somewhat neutral mood. He owed Lambad so much he didn't want to sound angry.
After few shots Kaveh's mood changed a lot, that was the thing he was hoping for when asking for some alcohol. By this time, he was happily chatting even with people he didn't really know but he remembered them visiting the tavern before. As the time passes, he returned to his bar stool and his head slowly decreased on his arms which were laid on the bar. He didn't fell asleep, he was just listening to everything around him while relaxing.
Then suddenly a chair moved right next to him. Somebody sat on it. He was curious who is the stranger but he didn't open his eyes. He just listened.
"Oh Lambad, hi there! Could you please bring me two bottles of the dandelion wine? And one shot of vodka when I'm already here, please," the stranger asked. Lambad just nodded and went to get the wine.
Kaveh suddenly froze. He surely heard that voice before. But he cannot remember where. He slowly opened one of his eyes, just to peek at the familiar silver haired muscular man sitting right next to him. Kaveh quickly closed his eye again and tried to look like he's sleeping. But it was too late.
"Kaveh, is that you?," the person his name he already forgotten asked. They haven't seen each other in years. Awkward silence.
"Uhh, yes, it's me, architect Kaveh, have we seen each other before?," Kaveh nervously answered after a while.
"Huh? You don't remember me? I'm Alhaitham, Akademiyas Scribe, your junior."
Of course he knows who he is. That man he once considered his friend. But he did things friends didn't. He didn't respect any of his opinions and ideas which lead into unnecessary arguments and later made Kaveh leave their project. Alhaitham didn't even mention his name on the final papers. Kaveh straightened his posture and angrily looked into Alhaithams green eyes.
They stared at each other in silence and after a moment Lambad returned with the wine bottles and poured some vodka into two glasses. Then he placed the glasses in front of them.
"But I -"
Kaveh tried to say something since he didn't order anything but Lambad smiled at him.
"Don't worry, it's on the house."
Alhaitham sent Lambad a confused gaze, he knew Lambad isn't into this kind of things. Lambad moved closer to Alhaitham and said that Kaveh is a lightweight and will tell him soon if he wants to know. So Alhaitham patiently waited, just because he wanted to know what happened to the famous Light of Kshahrewar. He drank his shot and Lambad just poured him another. He has nothing to do tonight after all...

_________
Hi!
This is my first fanfiction, I'm sorry for any grammatical mistakes (it'll get better 😭), english isn't my native language but I still hope you'll enjoy this little story ♡

I don't plan to do any smut chapters and even though it's angst I'll try not to make you cry lol

I'll try to publish one chapter every week or two but I'm not promising anything, school really sucks these days 🙄

Every vote and comment is appreciated ^^