Chapter 10 - Drown Your Problems In Good Wine

The two roommates were sitting at one of the sofas in the living room and were clearly having a good time.

"You know, you're so annoying and not only that, I PERSONALLY MADE a lunch for two of us and you didn't even touch it! I had to eat your portion myself because apart from you I don't waste food!," Alhaitham was complaining, pouring himself next glass of the wine. He put the two other bottles away in case he loses his common sense.

"And you! YOU! Why the hell are you so mean, heartless and handsome, huh?!," you could tell Kaveh had more than enough wine for today. He immediately started blushing as soon as those words came out of his mouth. Then he cupped his own cheeks, trying to hide it. Such an idiot I am.

"What the hell was that argument?," Alhaitham chuckled a little which left Kaveh sitting next to him with a face of disbelief.
"What? Is there something on my face?," he added.

"You can make facial expressions and even laugh?! Wow, that's new for me, let me process it," Kavehs shocked face slowly changed into laughter.

"I still cannot understand what's so amusing about it," the scribe poured the rest of the wine into Kavehs glass and laid himself on the sofa because his head started to feel heavy, followed by Kaveh who emptied the glass like if it was actually water in it. Both of them had too much alcohol in their blood to fully process the situation they just got into. Kaveh then moved his head on Alhaithams shoulder, reaching for the blanket that was thrown over the back of the piece of furniture, just behind his roommate. Of course he took the advantage of this action to get himself comfortable on Alhaithams muscular body. And he didn't seem to care.

"Like the good old times, right?," Kaveh said calmly, finding peace in the moment, hugging his roommate.

"That's long over, but suit yourself tonight, I'm too tired to actually care," Alhaitham mumbled, removing his headphones, getting ready to fall asleep and revealing his blushed ears in the process which Kaveh (luckily) haven't noticed.

"I don't hate you that much, but it seems you really do. I'm sorry about myself, sorry I bother you again," Kaveh whispered but the other clearly heard every single word. He decided to stay silent. If only he knew...

"Hai? Are you sleeping already?," the potential answer the blonde expected didn't come so he closed his eyes as well, breathing in his roommates sweet scent, the thing that can always make him calm but also excited, and smiled to himself.
"Huh, so annoying," Kaveh mumbled to himself as he slowly fell asleep.

Alhaitham couldn't help but to smile at the nickname. Kaveh was so childish at times but it could be considered cute in his case.
The two of them were soon sleeping soundly and maybe even dreaming about each other again. Who knows.

~•~

When Kaveh woke up he didn't even have hangover, which can be considered a miracle in his case. But the sudden realisation of where and with who he was sleeping kicked him awake, not believing his own sleepy eyes.

"WHAT THE HELL HAPPENED YESTERDAY?!," Kaveh realised what he had just done when he noticed Alhaitham flinched, covering his very sensitive ears.

"Oh, I'm so so so sorryy, Alhaitham... I'm the absolutely worst roommate you could get!," Kaveh whispered the apology, hiding his head with his hands, feeling lower than a wet chicken. He reached for his roommates headphones that were still lying on the coffee table and passed them to their owner. Then he retreated to his room.

Alhaitham sit on the couch, still shaking a bit. He was afraid of loud noises and his sensitive ears didn't make it easier by any chance. He knew that Kaveh often starts crying when somebody rises their voice on him so they're in quite similar situation. He put his headphones on, adjusting their soundproofness to the right level and then picked a book like nothing happened.

Kaveh on the other hand was full of regrets and thought about the incident for several hours, it couldn't leave his mind even when he was working on commissions. Why was he so careless? On the other hand it was Alhaitham so he shouldn't have that much sympathy for him. He should just let it be. If he could.

"I'm heading out," the blonde explained when he met Alhaitham in the hallway.

"Tavern?"

"Yep, gotta reserve four seats for tomorrow, I hope you're coming by the way," Kaveh raised an eyebrow in question.

"I'll see, I have to think about it first"

"You-! Pft, whatever," Kaveh turned on his heels and left the house.

~•~

In the tavern he meets anyone else than Tighnari and Cyno. How interesting. The architect talked to Lambad about the reservation of a private room for four of them and then went to greet the couple.

"Oh, hey! Join us for a drink, Kav!," Tighnari waved at him, pointing at the spare chair next to their table. So they chatted and chatted and managed to drink a fair amount of (not only) wine of course.

"Soo, did you tell him yet?," Tighnari asks.

"Wha- How do you even know?!," Kaveh suddenly turned red.

"You literally told us few minutes ago plus Nilou spilled the beans, but only because we're your good friends as well, don't be mad at her please..."

"Nice to know. Anyway no, I don't plan to," the blonde sighed and looked down to his finished drink. He's not getting any more because he still wants to somehow get home.

"Hehe, I have a plan, Cyno," he smirked at his boyfriend.

"I don't like where this is going, the question is, who's this?!" Cyno commented, laughing, his jokes becoming somehow even worse than usual when he's drunk. Tighnari gave him a death glare.

"I should get going... Bye you two!," Kaveh stood up and was about to leave the tavern.

"Are you sure you'll be okay going back on your own?," Tighnari asked, but the answer didn't come.

~•~

The sun was setting and Teyvat was covered in gold and pink shades in that moment. It was so beautiful. Clouds that would cover this breathtaking view were absent today. And so Kaveh could appreciate this beautiful moment. And then he started to think about lots of things, but his brain couldn't focus on any of them. Just Alhaitham. He would totally like this view. Something he couldn't see in those stupid picture-less books of his. Butterflies danced inside his stomach when he thought about two of them sitting on a bench, holding hands and maybe hugging each other. Or kissing. I should calm down, Kaveh stopped himself from continuing this scenario.

But that couldn't stop the blonde man from tripping and falling down. Suddenly he felt a joint of pain in his ankle and a tear rolled down his cheek. He just laid there for a while but then finally found some courage to stand up and somehow get himself in front of Alhaithams house, knocking on the door. But no answer came so Kaveh sat down and investigated what the hell happened with his leg. He hugged his healthy leg and laid his head on his knee. How long will it take for Alhaitham to return? Maybe he's inside but doesn't want him in. Is he mad? Did he turn deaf after Kavehs morning shouting? Before he knew it, he fell asleep.

____________
Here you go, biblically and canonically accurate Kaveh the overthinker 🤪 Also Alhaitham tends to act out of character while drunk.

Did you guys miss me?