Chapter 17 - You Meant It?

The door was shut open and two men entered their shared apartment. Alhaithams hand was supporting Kaveh whose legs were getting a bit unsteady from the booze. No wonder, he almost finished the first bottle all by himself. For their own safety, after locking the door they sat themselves on the floor in their living room because who needs to use one of three fancy couches they have when you can go floor gang.

"Haitham, can you kiss me? Pretty pwlease?"
"You're drunk. I'm not kissing you until you're sobered up at least a little bit."
"Come on, I'm fully aware of everything around me, I'm not that drunk. You know what?"
Kaveh pressed his hands against others shoulders and gently pushed him down on the floor thanks to element of surprise. Kaveh was now laying on top of him, two of his fingers slowly tracing Alhaithams chin, gazing into his eyes lovingly.

"Kaveh, you're not thinking straight."
"Who said that thing about fucking me earlier? That definitely wasn't straight at all. So go ahead and kiss me."
"But you better remember it," Alhaitham whispered. Of course it didn't stay at a single kiss. After making out passionately, both of them sat up again to catch some breath and calm down.

"Did you know you can basically get drunk just from a drunk persons breath?," Kaveh asked innocently.

"Just learning it the hard way."

"Suddenly I'm thirsty and I blame you," Alhaitham added and reached for the second bottle, taking a big sip straight from it. Then he passed the bottle to the other man. Kaveh playfully kissed the top of the bottle, licking his lips after that and giving Alhaitham a hungry look.

"You were asking for this, Kaveh," Alhaitham gritted through his teeth as he picked up Kaveh and carried him into his bedroom.
"Finally you get it," Kaveh whispered as soon as he felt the soft mattress under him.

Alhaitham joined him on the bed and Kaveh was quick to trap the other under him. The blonde gazed at him lovingly, with lust sparkling up his eyes. He kissed Alhaitham under his chin, on his collarbones and then moved upwards on his jawline.

Was he always looking at him with such a spark in his eyes? How didn't he ever notice? But...

"You okay?," Kaveh waved his right hand in front of Alhaithams face while the other was clearly spaced out.

"Just lost myself in thought, but to be honest, on the second thought - I'm still not sure if I can make such a big commitment right now. I haven't ever been interested in anyone until now and..."
"I get it, I get it... don't worry, we can take it slow, don't push yourself too far if you're not comfortable, I'm sorry," the blonde interrupted him, gently tucking one of Alhaithams hair strands behind his ear, smiling. Then he kissed him lightly on the tip of his nose.

"C'mon, give your dearest a big hug," Kaveh mumbled after a moment of almost awkward silence as he dragged the other into his warm embrace. It didn't take long for them to fall asleep.

~•~

"So... what even are we?," Ahaitham said, entering the living room with his morning coffee in one hand, some random book in the other.

"Whatever you would like for us to be, Hayi," the blonde responded from a couch he was currently lying on, turning away to hide the fact he's blushing once again.

"Oh, okay, so...," Alhaitham looked directly at the other, making curious Kaveh turn back and sit up on the couch, "will you, I mean... do you want be my partner then?"
The acting Grand Sage looked away after that, clearly embarrassed because of his lame confession.
"Gladly, your acting highness~" Kaveh smirked but then stood up and went for a loving kiss.

"You know that I really really love you?," the architect whispered, hugging Alhaitham tightly.
"You really are a touchy type, huh. I quite enjoy your presence too, Kav, though you can be a little bit annoying at times."

"You-! You know what? I really don't have energy to argue with my lovely boyfriend...," Kaveh giggled as he watched others cheeks catch a pinkish tone. He clearly isn't used to this, another reason to tease him more often, Kaveh thought to himself, chuckling.
"No need to be so embarrassed, honey~"

"Kav, I swear- nevermind," Alhaitham escaped from Kavehs arms and fled into his (their) bedroom (Kaveh doing communism).

He just needs some time to adjust, Kaveh assured himself, it's gonna be just fine, I know it.

~•~

Kaveh was right. After a few days everything got (almost) back to normal, maybe because the weekend ended and they could both get a little break from each other during work days.

But Kaveh always waited for the other after work hours and they would go home together no matter what. Of course some rumours started to spread across Akademiya but nobody made a big fuss about it (and Cyno still believes they are just really good friends).

~•~

Soon the Akademiya Extravaganza festival came around the corner. Alhaitham thought he couldn't be happier during the preparation because for him it meant less hours of required work and more time with his, as he soon found out, super clingy and needy boyfriend.
But we all know things never stay the same and when you get used to something... well, things change.
For Alhaitham, it happened just a week before the festival, when Kaveh returned home from a small trip to check some building progress.

"Hey, Haitham, guess what? You know that I was thinking about participating in the Interdarshan Championship for a long time and I'm now officially written as a participant there. Which means... I might be finally able to move out."

______

Sorry for the lil cliffhanger but I'll try to post the next one ASAIWI (as soon as I write it). The chapter might be a bit chaotic but I need to get from point A to B so excuse the mess...

Alsoo cut my finger on accident so I had a hard time typing today and big exams coming this week, hopefully I'll be able to publish something next month 😅

Like, comment, follow,
I shall return tomorrow
(idk, just feeling silly)