Chapter 8 - A Fateful Dream

The days went by and the deadline was dangerously near. But Kaveh couldn't think straight. He was just wondering why is Alhaitham so nice to him when he thinks Kaveh won't see or hear... Something felt off, this wasn't something his predictable stone-brained roommate would do.

Why did he even offer him to live here in the first place? It was clearly out of spite and Kaveh can't stand that. He was angry just thinking about it! He can't live with him knowing Alhaitham doesn't want him here at all. He's just a burden, somebody who is pain to others just because of his existence. Somebody you feel sorry for...

~•~

When Alhaitham came home from work he saw Kaveh sitting at his work table once again. He noticed something was different this time, but he tried his best not to care too much. He knew very well that Kaveh sees only pity in eyes of people who are trying to be nice to him.
He knew since they were students. He never accepted valentines or letters, he just kept saying that he's not worth love from these people. That they'll find someone much better than him.

So Alhaitham decided to read silently in the living room, not even bothering to say that he's back home. He thought Kaveh would shout like he did before but all he could hear was quiet sobbing. He clenched his fists trying not to do something really stupid and then decided to go to his bedroom. In that moment he couldn't deny he actually cares about his overly emotional roommate. But where would these little feelings go if he did nothing? Or maybe if he did something? He took a deep breath and decided he doesn't want this to go any further. He was decided it'd be the best if he can get rid of those emotions. For sake of them both.

Kaveh was finishing his last blueprint, the deadline being tomorrow morning. He was so stressed about it and at the same time exhausted from crying for almost an hour. He didn't even know how it started or what was the last straw. But it doesn't matter now. Everything that matters is the unfinished piece of blueprint in front of him. He stared at the yellowish paper, almost burning it with his gaze. But after several hours he found himself finally doing some finishing touches and wrapping up the paper alongside with nine others. Then he slowly walked into his room, defeated and wanting nothing more than his fluffy comfy mattress. Kaveh slowly buried his face into a green pillow, noticing the calming smell... Wait, Alhaithams pillow?!

Am I stupid or what, thinking about him even now of all times when the only... Only thing I need to do right now is to sleep, he assured himself and ended up tightly hugging the pillow for several minutes before realising what he's doing, tossing the poor pillow across the room dramatically.

~•~

The blonde was walking across a park, carrying a canvas bag with his drawing stuff as he wanted to capture a wonderful scenery that was created by the rising sun. He found a comfortable spot on the meadow in the center of the park and unpacked his tools, finally being able to relax for a little while.
As he was about to lay himself on the grass he saw two familiar faces nearby, sitting under an apple tree. It was Alhaitham and Nilou. Nilou jumped up and ran to greet her dear architect friend.
"Oh hello there, Kav!," she said with a wide smile.
Before he managed to say something, she took his arm and dragged him towards Alhaitham who rose one of his eyebrows in surprise.
Then she let go of him and... kissed the scribe. Kaveh was looking at her, visibly confused as well as his roommate.

"Don't take it the wrong way, I don't have feelings for you or anything but he does," she pointed her finger at the man standing right behind her.
This made Kaveh blush for some reason and he turned away from Alhaithams gaze. But before the blonde could go away, the other male took his hand and pulled him so close they could feel each others breath on their faces. Alhaitham stared into his ruby red eyes with love before he broke the eye contact to look at Kavehs lips, returning his gaze back the next moment. Kaveh felt his blush becoming more and more visible before he slowly moved to completely close the gap between them. As he was about to kiss Alhaitham, something started to feel off...that delicious smell... And that was the moment he woke up.

Kaveh was woken up by a nice smell of his roommates breakfast or so he thought. Then he remembered his very strange and chaotic dream, shaking his head to make those thoughts go away.
Oh my god, that's soo embarrassing!!!
He slowly got up from the bed and stretched his arms which were still aching from late night work.
He was still thinking about what exactly happened in his dream and mostly... why did he actually wanted to kiss his roommate? Yes, he's pretty handsome and stuff but... he's straight.
Kaveh quickly changed and went to the bathroom to do his skincare, he couldn't skip that for sure no matter the situation. 

"Good morning, mister Always-early," he waved to Alhaitham, investigating what he was cooking from afar, suddenly feeling weird from stomach. Was it because he haven't eaten for god-knows-how long?
"Good morning, miss Always-late," Alhaitham greeted him back.

"You-... I hate you so much!!!," Kaveh replied, visibly offended by Alhaithams response.
"Don't worry, I love you too...," the scribe said ironically and rolled his eyes with a little grin forming on his lips. Such a rare sight, Kaveh thought. What's happening today?

"Anyways, what's up with your ass today? First you wake up almost at eleven and you still have shitty mood? Did you drink yesterday or something?"
"Wha- IT'S ALREADY THAT LATE?! I'll be right back!," the blonde architect rushed out of the house, grabbing his blueprints on his way.

It wasn't a breakfast he smelled, it was probably lunch... But what is Alhaitham doing at home this late? That question suddenly popped up in his mind. He took a day off I guess, whatever.
He rushed to the Akademiya since todays noon was the deadline for turning his work in. Luckily enough he did it just in time.

As he was on his way out of the huge building he bumped into Nilou, his dear artistic friend. There aren't much people who enjoy the beauty of arts here in Sumeru and he's glad he has someone who shares his thoughts and opinions, even though theatre and architectural drawings are a bit different kinds of art.

"Hey Nilou, how are you? I haven't seen you for so long!," Kaveh smiled as he gave her a really quick hug, trying to forget about a dream he suddenly remembered.
"Hi Kav, to be honest I would lie if I said everything is fine, you probably know our theatre can't play at the moment... but otherwise I'm doing quite good, what about you?"

"Aw, I'm sorry about that. You know, I have a really annoying roommate, I think I told you about him last time. I hate him so much, but I have to endure it for the moment because I have nowhere better to go..."
"Hmm, I remember. But you haven't told me his name yet! Is he handsome at least?," Nilou raised an eyebrow and gave Kaveh a curious smirk.
"I can't tell you, I don't want anyone to know we are roommates..."
"You know what? Let's go grab some coffee and have a nice chat!," Nilou smiled heartedly and Kaveh had to smile as well.

___________
Fun fact: Alhaitham and Kaveh had the very same dream

Also the dream is based on a real dream I once had about my crush 😭😂