Chapter 13 - Miscommunication (again)

When Alhaitham woke up he realised he wasn't in his apartment. He couldn't remember anything from the last night and all he cared about was the hangover he was having. He hesitated if it's a good idea to stand but he didn't have many other options.
He quickly entered a small bathroom and sat down next to a toilet, hoping he won't need to use it that way, it would be very embarrassing because he always holds his drinks very well. Kaveh won't shut up about this if he finds out. Kaveh... Where did he go? Did they got into a fight last night?

Alhaitham tried to remember as much as he could but he always stopped at the moment they were left alone in the reserved room. To be more concrete, he remembers the moment they closed the door but nothing after that. He needed somebody to remind him the rest, maybe he could ask Kaveh when he gets home.
Alhaitham quickly put his shirt on and quickly grabbed his headphones, leaving the room.

Lambad was standing at his usual spot and waved on Alhaitham as he passed by. The scribe walked over to him, because it seemed he has something to say.

"Oh, good morning, if you're wondering Kaveh left already, I tried to make him wake you up before he goes away but he told me he has to be somewhere."
"Well, thank you for the information. I'll be heading home in that case. Can I get a bottle of strawberry wine before I go?"

~•~

"And then you two knocked on the door and ruined the moment!," Kaveh finished his speech as Tighnari was wrapping bandages around his ankle.

"I'm so sorry we ruined your precious moment... So, are you two together now? Did you do it?," Tighnari whispered the last sentence as if there was somebody else in the room who could report them for discussing this topic.

Kavehs face suddenly got red.
"Oh my, of course not!!," he answered and hid his face behind his hands.

"I still can't understand why you left him alone and didn't at least wake him up."

"What if he yelled at me for waking me up? Don't worry, I left a letter for him at the nightstand."

"Aw, how romantic," Tighnari made a little bow at the end of the bandage, looking proudly at the masterpiece he just made.
"Don't forget to check the bandage from time to time, try not to get it wet. And I think you can take it off after two or three days. There's a hole that should help you to put less weight on the leg while you're walking."

"That's not gonna be problem, I'm leaving for a week long excursion to the desert tomorrow. Thanks for taking care of me."

"It's a part of my job after all. Also you surely hate staying at one place for a long time. Whatever, just take a good care of yourself and be careful!"

"Okay, mom," Kaveh rolled his eyes but still smiled at his friend who couldn't help but to giggle.

~•~

Even after two hours since Alhaitham returned home there weren't any signs of his roommate. Even though he tried to deny it, he was growing more and more worried with every passing minute.
He was sitting on the couch, reading a book and one of his knees was jumping up and down due to anxiety the scribe was feeling. They needed to talk and he didn't like the fact Kaveh was taking his time doing whatever he could be doing in a Saturday morning.

After a while the silver haired man sighed and went out for a quick stroll. He assumed fresh air could make him feel a little bit better.
It was all new for him but he knew Kaveh always grew anxious very easily. It must've been tough for him and until this point Alhaitham didn't really realise he sometimes wasn't helping him at all. Oh my, here I am, empathising with someone who can't control his own emotions.

Before returning back home he climbed up to the main Akademiya entrance and sat down on one of the benches there. As he watched the sunset above the lake he realised just how long did it take him to compose his own thoughts. Damn Kaveh, if there wasn't for him...
If there wasn't for him, would he be able to explore his own emotions and feelings like this?

I may be gay, he thought to himself as he pictured drunk Kaveh in his mind, for him at least.

__________
I'm having a terrible hangover today so I didn't reread this chapter, sorry if there are mistakes or something doesn't make sense, I'll fix it later 😭

Also, happy New year! May all your wishes come true 💕