Chapter 2 - Unnecessary

He didn't have to wait long. He was told Kaveh is a lightweight but he didn't expect him to get drunk that fast. He smiled a little bit while watching Kavehs grimaces as he was telling him some really interesting stories. He wasn't sober either but at least he could fully control himself.
After a while he quickly glanced to the blonde and finally decided to try to ask him, even though at this point he wasn't sure if he wants to know the truth. But whatever.

"Kaveh?"
"What is it? You're gonna leave? Like everyone?," he seemed like he didn't know what he's saying anymore.
But Alhaitham saw a flash of something in his seniors eyes. Was it fear? Or pain? He decided to not think about it. He doesn't understand and he never will.
"Why does Lambad treat you free drinks? Are you broke or something?"
"You know I live there so I gotta help him and he does these things. But don't think, I'm telling him I don't deserve any of these, I'm telling him all the time. He's just wasting his goods on me, do you understand him? I do not," Kaveh talked and his voice wasn't stable anymore. This was the reason why they couldn't be friends. Alhaitham didn't understand a thing he did or said. Why does he have to be so emotional?

"And what did you mean by that are you broke or something thing?!"
Alhaitham returned back to reality and opened his mouth to say something but he couldn't. Kaveh continued his speech.
"You know I... I didn't have anywhere to go, if I wasn't broke I'm not here today. It's already half a year you know," the architect seemed sad all of sudden.
Alhaitham hesitated if it's a good idea to ask more. But he wanted to know the facts. He didn't know why but he became interested. Just because.
"Where did all your money go?"
Kaveh ironically laughed before he answered.
"Into the palace I'm so famous for."

He didn't need to know more. He was fully aware what kind of person Dori is. But he didn't think of what could happen through the building process, He doesn't want to know.

Alhaitham suddenly realised a single tear falling down Kavehs cheek. He reached out to wipe it off and noticed he's starting to feel a little bit dizzy. It was time to go. But Kaveh was quicker, he stood up and started to yell at him.
"Why do you care in the first place?! I don't want anyone to care about me! I'm not worth caring at all, all my problems are my fault and it's not your business!," the blonde started to cry and hurried upstairs into his room. Alhaitham didn't waste a second and ran after him. He managed to catch his wrist right when Kaveh was entering the attic.
"Why can't you just leave me alone?!," Kaveh snapped at him and the scribe let go of his hand. They stood in the doorframe and stared at each other.

Alhaitham had an idea but he was sure that Kaveh won't agree. But he still tried.
"Kaveh, if you don't want to bother Lambad by your presence... Why wouldn't you go live into my apartment instead? I don't have any roommate and you'll get more personal space," he said while peeking into Kavehs really small room.
"I'm not some poor little boy who needs your sympathy, dumb Scribe," Kaveh said as he turned his back on him, ready to finally enter the room.
Alhaitham sighed.
"It's not out of sympathy, you know I doesn't have one. It's just what people do... Helping and that stuff. You'll have to pay rent every month, tho"
"DID I EVER SAY I NEED YOUR HELP, IDIOT?!"
He yelled again, tears still falling down his cheeks and then he sat on the floor and started crying again. He haven't done that in front of others for so long. He hated himself for being so dumb and emotional.
"Fine, I'll return tomorrow and I hope you'll be sober by the time," Alhaitham mumbled, went down for his wine, payed for everything and left. He didn't know what to do at this moments so the best solution for him was to disappear as soon as possible.

Kaveh still sat on the floor right in the doorframe and he slowly realised what happened. That idiot is trying to help me, how stupid of him. And here I thought he was really smart.
Who would want to be roommates with Kaveh anyway? He brings bad luck only.

__________
It's gonna be more interesting soon, I promise 😭