Chapter 11 - Little touches

The room was reserved and drinks set on the table, waiting for the four friends to arrive.

Kaveh entered the tavern together with his roommate, making his way to the bar where Lambad was at that moment. It was a friday afternoon and there were lots of people celebrating and meeting up with their friends after another tiring week.
Kaveh was thanking himself not only because they probably wouldn't have a place to sit if he didn't reserve the room quite far ahead but the second reason was Alhaitham. He knew he doesn't feel quite right with so many people around. And because of this, he gently took others hand and scribes heart suddenly skipped a beat. Kaveh has really soft hands..., that was everything he could think about in that moment. As if he didn't touch him several times before, by accident or not. But this somehow felt different. A hardly noticeable smile formed on his lips. A smile that wasn't supposed to be there, he reminded himself. He didn't catch a single word Kaveh exchanged with Lambad but soon the blonde was dragging him upstairs, where they were supposed to meet with their friends.

Kavehs conversation with Lambad got so embarrassing at one point he wished he hasn't come at all... After they greeted each other (Alhaitham focusing on something between two glasses standing on the bar, probably lost in his thoughts as usual), Lambad told him number of their room in case they forgot and what is already prepared there and what to do if they need something and all that uninteresting stuff Kaveh already knew as his former helper. Then, Lambads gaze slid down to their hands which were still tangled together and looked at Kaveh with interested gaze, his eyebrows shooting up as they made eye contact again. Kaveh blushed and looked away, but Lambad bent over the bar pult to tell him something.

"Don't get the wrong idea, he's just uncomfortable around people sometimes," Kaveh explained immediately, his cheeks getting a pinkish colour.
"That room you used to live in is empty at the moment, if you two wanted to check how much it changed~," he whispered and gave Kaveh keys and a mischievous look. Kavehs face got even redder and he completely turned away, understanding what the older man had on his mind, cursing him for that, in his own mind of course.

"That old man isn't aware of what he's saying anymore, he should just retire already," he mumbled mostly to himself while climbing the stairs with Alhaitham right behind him, letting go of his hand at the process.

"Huh? Did you say something?"
"Nothing, feel free to return back to wherever your mind was until now."

At least he didn't listen, Kaveh thought, relieved his roommate sometimes has problems with paying attention. Though it can be annoying sometimes.

~•~

As they were waiting for the other two to arrive they were able to finish first bottle of wine together. Alhaitham clearly wanted to take advantage of the fact he isn't paying anything tonight.
They had a rare opportunity for small-talk, which isn't usually possible because of the urge to argue over anything every time they are in the same room. But today it's somehow different. Maybe because they are slowly getting drunk and are kind of forgetting about their almost theatral hate for each other.

Soon after they opened the second bottle of wine, strawberry one this time (Kavehs favourite) their two friends finally arrived.

"Ready for some hardcore TCG?," Cyno asked, grinning as he placed a large pack of cards on the table, excited to play with his friends after a really long time.

"Which version are we playing tonight~?," Tighnari glanced at Kaveh, who only blushed because he knew really well what was that one version the other had on his mind.
Did everyone woke up today and decided it's time to bully Kaveh and make him regret his feelings? (the answer is probably yes)

"I'll leave that to you, dear," Cyno saved the situation by asking his boyfriend instead. Luckily it seemed like he didn't notice that question Nari, saving Kaveh from expressing his own gaming preferences, though now he exactly knew what they're going to play tonight.

"Remember how we played strip and drink TCG when we were still students?," the man in question giggled and looked back at Kaveh.
"Don't you dare to mention that," Kaveh gave him a death glare.
"Hmm, am I missing something?," Alhaitham suddenly joined the conversation.
"Not at all! Tighnari, if you say something I'm going to fucking kill you..."

"So let's play that? Good luck everyone!," Cyno changed the topic and everyone grabbed their cards.

~•~

Alhaithams card was beaten first so he slowly removed his cape and downed one shot of rum,  stronger alcohol was prepared just for this occasion. But no big deal so far.
Then Cyno and Alhaitham teamed up to take down Kavehs card but Tighnari did the finishing move.

"Heyyy, y'all are really terrible friends!," Kaveh sighed in disbelief and undid his cape as well, carefully hanging it on his chair.
Then it was Alhaithams card again.

"Why am I seeing a pattern?," Kaveh commented but nobody bothered to reply.

Alhaitham decided to remove his shirt, revealing his chest, which looked like ripped out of an ancient greek painting or sculpture for Kaveh. He wasn't seeing him like this for the first time, but he really enjoyed arts. And this was definitely a solid piece of art to him.
He didn't return his gaze back at his roommate after this. Instead he kept his eyes on his and opponents cards, decided to beat somebodys card this round.
This round was awfully long, it was nothing, nothing and it was Cynos card in the end. Nobody could really understand how it happened since the alcohol was doing its thing already but the game went on several more minutes, until they decided they weren't able to focus and think straight anymore. After that, Tighnari and Cyno told the other two they have to go to use the restroom real quick and left drunk Kaveh all alone with drunk Alhaitham. Kaveh loudly cursed the two for that until they actually left and closed the door.

The two of them were still sitting on chairs next to each other, awkward silence filling the room. The blonde couldn't help but to look at his roommate again. Not into his eyes by any chance.

"Stop staring at me like that, Kav," Alhaitham said quietly, like if there was somebody in this room who could hear them.
"Kav?," Kaveh blushed.
"Why not? I've always liked the idea of calling you by nicknames but I've never got the chance. Does it turn you on that much?"
"Shut up you- you!!"
"You look so cute when you can't think of any mean words while trying to insult me..."
"C-can you stop?"
"You actually want me to?"
"..."
"I thought so, Kav," Alhaitham whispered into his ear. When did their faces get so close to each other?

Kaveh drank another shot, suddenly determined to remember nothing from this night. Alhaithams face still didn't move an inch and they now were in the most intense eye contact they probably ever had in their entire lives, making Kaveh feel butterflies doing crazy dances in his stomach. The scribe slowly licked his own lips, a detail the other most likely missed.

"I-I'm sorry about this," Alhaitham excused himself as he slowly moved his hand under Kavehs chin.  Before confused blonde could ask what did he mean by that, the other slowly closed that small distance between them. And they kissed for the very first time.

_____________
Um guys guess who posted and will disappear for a while again xd

Also we're finally getting to some ✨romance✨