Chapter 18 - Moving Out

"What did you say?"
Alhaitham looks at Kaveh after several minutes of confused silence.

"I was thinking... No, I don't want to break up or cut ties with you, just... My whole life basically depends on you this way and I don't want to be a burden to you anymore and also -"

"Don't even think about it."

Kaveh noticed how hurt Alhaitham looked in that moment and how his gaze softened when Kaveh explained his thoughts to him. Kaveh learned to read in his facial expressions some time ago.

"If you ever start yapping about moving away I'll increase your rent so you can't save money, mr. architect"

Kaveh didn't reply but only tried to look hurt by his partner's words. There was another reason he wanted to get some more mora.

"Why don't we eat out today? My treat of course," Alhaitham broke the silence again.

Kaveh couldn't help but find it funny how talkative Alhaitham has become ever since they officially started dating. He was still getting used to the fact but was glad there was never space for awkward silence this way.

They both had gotten ready to go outside and walked out of the door while gently holding each others pinky fingers, making sure it was hard to notice for the passing by people on the streets.

~•~

Two days were left until the Championship and Kaveh was visibly getting nervous with each passing hour. It was in his nature to overthink absolutely everything but Alhaitham still tried to calm him down by being there for him. He would make him hot chocolate in the evening and tasty soup in the morning. He braided his hair and in the end he knew didn't have to say anything to make him feel better. Kaveh just smiled every time and Alhaitham knew he was doing a little bit better.

"But what if I make a fool out of myself? What if others won't look at me for the rest of their lives because of it?"

"What if, what if... what if you just stopped thinking about things that surely won't happen?," Alhaitham answered his thoughts one time and Kaveh didn't talk to him for the rest of the day.

~•~

"What should I wear tomorrow?," Kaveh asked while braiding his soft blonde hair in front of a mirror.
"You look great in anything, sweetie~," the still-half-asleep silver haired man laid his palms on the others shoulders and gifted him a light peck on his cheek.

Kaveh blushed and almost exploded and yelled at the other to stop killing him right in the morning. Alhaitham just chuckled and slowly walked into the kitchen to prepare morning coffees for both of them.

"Hey, I'm going to discuss something with Nilou at the theatre today, don't wait with the lunch, I probably won't make it in time," Alhaitham informed Kaveh as soon as he entered the kitchen as well.

"I'm getting jealous, why would you spend time with her so suddenly?"

"You're seriously getting jealous of your friend? Also it's work-related so don't worry, I'm not planning on getting close to her or anything like that," Alhaitham reassured the other and started getting ready to leave the apartment.

"Did you have breakfast yet? If not you're not going anywhere!," Kaveh warned him and Alhaitham sighed and sat down on the closest chair. It seemed like Kaveh decided to make them pancakes.

"Do you need any help, dear?"

"What's up with the sweet nicknames today? Seriously fuck off," Kaveh turned away, obviously blushing once more.
He was never that-nickname-kind-of-guy by any chance and always got flustered when somebody addressed him this way. Honestly he never thought Alhaitham would be into this but whatever, he was secretly enjoying it after all.

"One more nickname and I'm eating all your pancakes so you will actually starve to death," Kaveh warned him while placing one of the plates in front of his boyfriend.

"I know you won't actually allow me to die, love," Alhaitham raised an eyebrow and his lips twitched for a second.
He clearly saw through his acts and Kaveh always wondered how.

"In all seriousness, you deserve the most painful death for that"

"Yes, yes, looking forward to dying tonight, see you later, Kav," Alhaitham gave him a goodbye kiss on the cheek as soon as he finished his meal.

Kaveh cupped his cheeks and started thinking about why the hell is Alhaitham in such a good mood today and what he meant by dying tonight. He couldn't mean it like that... right? But even though Kaveh was still hesitant until this moment he realised he might be ready for this.

_______________________
A tiiiny little bit of domestic fluff for y'all (with a big hint for the next chapter 👀), the first half felt almost like a filler episode to me while I was writing it lol

Why do you think Alhaitham is in such a good mood, huh?

a) Because he plotting something illegal obviously 👀

b) He just enjoyed seeing Kaveh so flustered, that's all.

c) Impostor Haitham.