Nine

Saturday came by very quickly, and both boys were nervous wrecks. Sehyoon had spent an hour the previous day, trying to pick something to wear, and to be fair, it drove Donghun crazy to see him pacing the apartment.

"Why don't you ask him to help you renew your wardrobe sometime?"

Sehyoon just absentmindedly said he'd think about it, before trying on his like 12th outfit of the night.

Byeongkwan on his end, was debating whether he wanted his outfit to be cool and classy, or flirty, or just stylish.

"Wear whatever makes you feel good." Junhee said. "Confidence suits you well, it makes you hot."

"You think?" Byeongkwan slid down on his bed, feeling defeated. "People have told me that it feels scary and threatening."

"And are these people in the room with us right now?" Junhee scoffed. "If their masculinity was too fragile to handle you, no wonder you let them go." He sat down next to him. "I'm telling you, show off your best assets girl" He did a little weird hand movement after his said the word in an obvious fake tone.

"Oh no no, don't try to do that EVER again Park Junhee"

They laughed a little, and he finally settled for some ripped skinny jeans that showed off his muscles, and a cropped fluffy off white sweater.

Byeongkwan was the first one to arrive next morning, and he ordered, before choosing a table a bit out of sight, so they wouldn't be bothered if someone recognized Sehyoon. The boy stepped in not a few minutes later, and spotted Byeongkwan right away. He ordered something, then came to sit with the other male. There was a little bit of an awkward silence, that neither of them really dared to break. They just sat there, half-smiling at each other, both too scared of what all of this implied, to speak first. It was Byeongkwan that spoke first, he decided to just go with the first thing that crossed his mind, trying to lighten the mood.

"Is there another pretty stylist in your life?" He frowned at the older boy.

"Wh-What?" Sehyoon seemed lost. "What do you mean? No there's -"

"Because I think your outfit makes you look incredible." He smirked, as he noticed the blush creeping up Sehyoon's cheeks. Flirting was his thing, and knowing that Sehyoon reacted vividly to it, felt good, familiar.

"Shit, you scared me." He chuckled, his cheeks still pretty red. "I really thought I did something wrong."

"I'm sorry, I just wanted to break this awkward silence." Byeongkwan explained, as he sipped on his coffee.

"Yeah, thank you for doing so actually, I'm not really good at this date kind of thing." Sehyoon blurted out.

"Oh, so this is a date?" The smallest man raised a questioning eyebrow, as he smiled.

"I-I mean, only if you want it to be?" Sehyoon started panicking, and Byeongkwan raised a hand to caress his, in an attempt to reassure him.

"I would love this to be a date, Sehyoon."

The other boy smiled, and they chatted for a while, but soon the place started getting crowded, and inevitably, some people recognized Sehyoon. They finally had to leave, and Byeongkwan suggested they went to his place, to which Sehyoon agreed instantly.

"I'm sorry we had to leave" He said as they sat on Byeongkwan's couch, coffee in hand.

"Don't be, I figured it would happen, sooner or later." He reassured him. "Be glad that you're getting famous."

"You know, I'm not even sure I'm cut for that, to be honest." Sehyoon sighed. "I love music, and I want to be able to make music for the rest of my life. But being an idol, and always being under the spotlight. I don't know. The musician in me loves the idea, but the introvert hates it with a passion." He looked up at Byeongkwan. "But I'm sorry, I don't want to bother you with that."

"Hey, no, you're not a bother." The boy patted his thigh softly. "We haven't known each other long, but feel free to tell me anything Sehyoon. I mean, I'm not an idol, so I can only try to understand, but I think I get why this would be scary."

"Thank you." He gave him a small smile. "I'm also not used to having that much people gravitating around me, so I'm happy you're one of them. You make things simpler."

And Byeongkwan felt this go right through his heart. He had never been known for making people's life easier, if not harder. This felt refreshing, Sehyoon felt refreshing.

"You know, if we were to have another date, there is something important I'd want you to know first."