Ten

"Oh?" Byeongkwan asked, his eyes rounded, as if he was bracing himself for the worst. "I'm all ears then."

"I've never ..." He hesitated, trying to chose his words carefully. "Done this? Like I've never dated, nor been on a date?"

"Oh." Byeongkwan repeated, but in a more relieved tone. "Is that all?"

"Y-Yeah?" The older was taken aback by the simple response. "Isn't that a problem, or repulsive?"

"Why would it be?" The gray-haired boy tilted his head to the side a little. "We've all got to start somewhere. But if I had known, I would have made this a little more special, you know."

"No no!" Sehyoon insisted. "It was awesome, cosy and comfortable, I liked it. Thank you, actually, Byeongkwan."

"It was my pleasure, really. Thank you, for calling it a date, when I was too scared to do it myself."

Slowly but surely, another month went by. They got coffee together often, but never really had a different second date. Byeongkwan left work pretty late that evening, spending a few hours working on new outfits for an upcoming interview. When he reached home, it was already pitch black, and he simply went to wash his face, then sleep, tucked under the warm and heavy covers; It was around an hour later, that he was woken up by his phone ringing. He groaned at the ungodly hour displayed on the screen, but seeing Sehyoon's name, he picked up.

"Hey, I know I like you, but couldn't this wait for a few hours?" He joked.

"Kim Byeongkwan?" An unknown voice asked. "I'm sorry for disrupting you, but could you come to the dorm? There's been an incident and I feel you could maybe help Sehyoon out?" The stranger's voice felt calm and distressed at the same time. "I'm Lee Donghun by the way. I work in the same agency, but we've never really talked."

"What? Is he okay?" Byeogkwan asked as he was getting dressed up.

"Not really, he's having a bad panic attack right now, and to be fair, I don't really know what to do."

"A-Alright, I'll be there in like 5 minutes, but I don't have the pass for the dorm part of the agency."

"I'll come and open, no problem."

Byeongkwan went as fast as he physically could, and was soon greeted by Donghun, that led him into their apartment. He indicated the bathroom to him, in which Sehyoon had apparently locked himself 30 minutes ago.

"Sehyoon?" Byeongkwan asked, as softly but audibly as he could. "Come on, let me in, tell me what's wrong."

He heard sniffles, and a sob from the other side of the door. He waited for a while, in complete silence, before hearing Sehyoon get up, and unlock the door. As soon as Byeongkwan was in, the singer let himself fall back on the ground, making a noise that indicated his physical hurt. Byeongkwan crouched down to be facing him.

"What's going on Sehni, come on, talk to me." He placed a hand on the older's knee, slowly tracing patterns with his thumb.

"My-My old stylist." He stuttered through tears. "She outed me. I'm finished Kwan, before my c-career even started."

"What?" He was in complete shock, and also disgust. "What do you mean?"

Sehyoon just unlocked his phone, that was still on the tweet she had posted. The pictures were clearly showing Sehyoon in his studio, and they were various sasaeng pics of the two of them together. Shit, Byeongkwan thought. Sehyoon was a mess, and Byeongkwan would probably be fired tomorrow morning.

"I'm so sorry Sehni." Byeongkwan tried to comfort him. "She didn't have the right to do that. You're the only one who has. Maybe the agency can sue her, or something."

"I don't know Kwan, because she's right." He looked a the other boy. "I am gay, and I fucking like you as well. Everything on those pictures is real, and true. I just wanted to come out on my own terms."

"I know, I'm so sorry." Byeongkwan didn't know what to do except apologize. "I'm sure it'll be okay, and your fans will support you."

"Y-yeah, maybe. Bu even if I stay in this agency, and I accept the outing, then people will only like me because I'm the openly gay idol. Not because of what I do."

"That's not true." Byeongkwan corrected. "You're incredible, and people are going to recognize your talent. Come on Sehni, Donghun is worried sick about you."

"I'm sorry I worried you both."

"Don't be sorry." Byeongkwan got up, and extended his hand to help Sehyoon up. "I'm just glad you're not going through this alone."

They went back to the living room, and Sehyoon explained the situation to Donghun, who helped calm him down. As Sehyoon promised to try and get some sleep, Byeongkwan went back home. As he finally made his way under the covers again, he received a text.

Thank you for everything Kwan

Apparently they want to see us both tomorrow at 8

I'm so sorry

Don't be sorry

I'm sure it'll be okay

They won't let their prettiest idol go ;)

Yea, I'm sure they'll keep Donghun forever

And you know, even if we do end up getting fired

I don't regret a thing

And I'd like to still see you

Of course silly

I'm not letting you go

You're my prettiest idol

Now sleep tight, and I'll see you tomorrow

Thank you

Have sweet dreams too.