Ache

Damon and Nine had finally come back to the lab from a long day of fighting.
But on their way, Damon slowly started to limp.
Which brought worry to Nine.

Nine had Damon sit down in a chair to tend to her wound.
But yet she still refused to lift her hood in order for him to help her.
"Damon come on, not this again." Nine rolled his eyes.
"I said I can do it myself!" She complained.

"Oh come on, you're acting like a child." He said, starting to get annoyed by her.
"I'm worried you'll judge me." Damon admitted.
"Judge you for what?" Nine asked.
Damon didn't know how to answer.
She didn't want to tell him the truth.

"N-nothing." Damon quietly said.
"Alright, now are you gonna let me heal you or not?" He asked once more.
They both looked into each others eyes.
Damon gave a sigh of defeat, and without saying anything.
Lifted up her hood slightly, along with her kami.
Revealing the gashing wound on her side.

Nine slightly grimaced at the amount of blood that's been patched just on her side.
He pulled out the first aid kit, grabbing a wipe and wiping off the blood around the wound.
Once cleaned, he grabbed some medicine from last time, and put some on her wound.
Making Damon hiss in pain.
Nine didn't acknowledge it, and just healed her silently.
Once he was done, he grabbed more of the gauze and gently placed it on.
With the final touch, he used bandages and wrapped it around her waist.

Damon wasn't completely comfortable having Nine see part her body she hates most.
But he doesn't look like he cares.
"Alright done." He said, putting the supply's away.
"Thank you...again." She felt awkward knowing this is the second time he had to help her.
"Yeah sure." Nine said, without even looking at her.

Damon swung her legs slightly.
Feeling slight heat on her cheeks.
She watched as Nine put away the supplies, still feeling heavy metal in her hands.
She looked down, her claws still sheathed.

Are they going to be stuck like this?

"Do you even know how to turn those off?" Nine asked, Damon's head cocked up.
"Um no, you never showed me." She shook her head.
Nine rolled his eyes and walked over.

"See those red buttons on your wrist?" Nine asked her, pointing at said buttons.

"Yeah?"

"You press them. slam your wrists together." He said, encouraging her to give it a try.
Damon did so, and her second like skin faded into the sleeves.
"WOAH! That's sick!" Damon said in clear awe.
Nine tried to hide his flustered expression,
"Now slam them again." As he said, Damon slammed her wrists together and her second skin was then coated over her hands and formed sharp points at the end.

"Bad. ass!" She exclaimed.
Nine tried to hold back his laughter.
He couldn't help but be flustered by her amazement of his inventions.
Usually no one appreciates what he does.

Damon slammed her wrist, changing back to her caramel skinned hands.

Suddenly, Damon lost focus.
She slowly looked over to the prism, squinting her eyes at it.

the crystal seemed familiar to her.
She felt so much nostalgia...and...energy?
Coming from this power source.
Damon scooted her chair closer to it as it lies on Nines work desk.

"Why do I recognize this?" She asked herself.
"This kind of reminds me of the children's book my mother read in 2015." Damon said.
Her expression faded.

Nine walked up right next to her, hands in pockets confused of what Damon was even talking about.

She felt some sort of connection to it.
She was so close to it...
She could feel it's radiance, the energy the—...the power.
Damon was drawn to it, as she slowly reached her hand out to touch it.
Nine watched, still confused.

Damon felt some sort of magnetic attraction on her hand, then ZAP!
A big wave of electricity corse through her veins.
She could feel the metal sleeves being effected as well.
Damon quickly jolted back, holding her arm feeling 1,000 needles piercing through her flesh.

"Ah fuck!" She screamed.
"Woah, what happened?" Nine asked.

"I DONT KNOW I GOT FUCKING SHOCKED!?" Damon yelled, now feeling her head ache hurt worse than ever.
She jumped up from her chair, grabbing her head like she's going to rip it apart, groaning loudly in agonizing pain.

"Damon! Calm down!" Nine exclaimed.

Damon couldn't handle the pain.
It was unbearable.
Ever since she entered this world, she's been getting major head aches.
At times she would feel slights shocks on her skin.

The head aches where so bad, her body grown tired and collapsed.
Nothing but black.
No noise.

She couldn't hear or feel a thing.
Like she was...dead...

...

Damon jolted herself awake in panic.
She could feel her heart racing.
Like 1,000 volts of energy shocked all through out her body.
She began to realize she was in Nines bed again.
She quickly jumped out of the mattress, but ended up tumbling to the floor as she let out a quiet "ah...ow."

Nine turned around in his chair shocked to see her on the floor.
"Damon!" He exclaimed, crouching down to her level as she was struggling to get up.
"You okay?" He asked, slightly worried.
"I...y-yeah—AH!" She screamed, grabbing her head tightly.
"M-my head hurts like h-hell." She complained, rolling slightly on the floor.

Nine grabbed her arm, pulling her up to her feet.
"Okay, I'm gonna need you to stand up for me." He said, now pushing her back up.
Damon's body wobbled, struggling to stay standing.
"Can you stand on your own? I need to scan you. something isn't right." Nine told her.
She weekly nodded, then nine immediately let go as he ran to his desk to get his gadget.

He pointed at her, then pressed a button.
The device now scanning her body, head to toe.
It beeped signaling it was finished.
He looked at the screen.
Damon slowly went to find a chair, then sat down.
Nine rubes his chin in thought.

"Curious...there seems to be something in your brain which is causing some sort of power or energy to run through your body." Nine said.
Damon looked pale.
Her caramel skin looked lighter, and there where beads of sweat dripping down her forehead behind her bangs.

"What...are you talking about?" Damon asked.
"What I'm saying is that there's something overwhelming and overpowering your brain, causing major migraines..." he fell silent for a second, zooming into the x-ray of Damon's brain.
Seeing what looks like a red tumor in the middle, like a small power source.
"And somehow you're connected to the shard, but yet..." nine fell silent once more, thinking to himself.

"I'll need to make your own regulators." He said, walking over to his work desk.
"If you have one more migraine, your brain will bleed and die." Nine said, Damon's expression completely changing to fear.

"HOLD UP IM GONNA DIE?!" Damon shouted, but was then silenced when one of nines metal tails covers her mouth.
"Quite! Not so loud the council will hear you." Nine gritted his teeth, baring his fangs.
Damon looked at him wide eyed, then nodded as Nines tail uncovers her mouth.
Damon heard a sudden beep coming from her wrist.
It was her watch Rebel gave her.

"Damon! Can you hear me? Were are you—" rebel was cut off when it sounded like someone pushed her.
"Out of the way rebel, were are you human? Where did you go with that traitorous fox?!" Sounded like knux, and boy he sounded pissed.
"I told you humans can't be trusted Rebel!" He exclaimed, like he forgot he was still on the call.
Damon was about to press the button on the screen to answer, but nine stoped her.

"No! Don't answer, it's for the best." Nine said, sounding pretty serious.
"Hello? Damon!" She then put her watch on mute.

"Now, let's make your regulars.