not who you think

Damon ran as fast as she could while whipping tears away from her face.
She didn't know how to feel.
The fact that earth's been destroyed ever since she got here.
Or the fact that her family's dead.
Damon choked on her sobs, biting her bottom lip to stop anymore quivering.
She felt stupid to the fact she thought she was going to go back home, and Nine didn't give two shits about it.
He told her she deserved to die.
Gave her too many painful memories back at school.

She turned to corner to a dark alley way, hiding behind a dumpster so no one will ask her if she's okay.
She really didn't feel the need of other's sympathy.
But she's human.
Of course no one would care.
She felt stupid just thinking someone like Nine would care.
She slid down the dirty brick wall, bringing her knees to her chest sobbing in her arms.

She felt lied too.

"Hello!" Damon jerked herself out of her sobbing state, frantically looking around the alley after she heard a female robotic like voice.
Her chest puffed up and down in panic.
Where did that come from?

"Down here."

Damon immediately looked around the floor she sat on, jumping slightly as soon as she saw...a robotic cat?
It looked like it was made out of garbage.
It's body was just a metal box with spring legs and a mechanical tail.
Glowing green eyes, and a rusty head and ears.

Damon looked shocked mixed with confusion.
Their was silence between them, till Damon spoke.
"A-A...talking...robot cat." She pointed out, looking confused as hell.
"Yeah! Weird right." The cat wagged it's tail, noticing Damon whipping a tear away from her cheek.
The cat tilted her head.
"Why so sad?" She asked, sitting down.

Damon sniffled.
"Well...I just found out—that...that..." Damon choked on her sob once more, burying her face back into her arms.
The cat looked concerned, prancing up to the crying human girl.
Putting a cold metal paw on her arm.
"It's okay. Take your time." She reassured her with a soft smile.
Damon lifted her head up, whipping her face as she attempted to continue.

"M-my world...my home...it's gone." Her voice cracked, sobbing more quietly.
The cats ears fell hearing this.
"M-my friend he...he told me but...he didn't seem to care." Damon confessed, resting her face in the palm of her hand in stress.
"Who's your friend?" Asked the curious cat.
"Well, his name's Nine...but I don't know if he's really my friend...I hardly known him for a week." Damon said, drying her face with the bottom of her large shirt.
The cat hopping back on all fours.

"Well, maybe he isn't your friend." The cat started.
That made Damon lift her face from her shirt, looking a little confused.
"W...What?"

"For all I know, he's just using you." The cat continued, having a hidden grin.
Damon thought about this for a moment.
But then remembered the time they had last night.
Sure they only known each other for two days.
But she felt so close to him.
"Using me? Why would he be using me?" Damon laughed nervously.

"Do you know what he is?" She questioned her.
Damon didn't have to think about it.
"A fox?" She answered, but the cat shook its head.

"Not just any fox. A Nine tailed fox." The cat corrected her, lifting a paw.
Now Damon was definitely confused.
Damon doesn't think he has nine tails—well not biologically.
He just those two tails.

The cat continued with her explanation.
"A nine tailed fox can be companionate as well as being malicious." She sat back down on the floor, resting herself.
"What?" Damon asked, pulling her brows together.
"it's a known fact." The cat said.
Damon looked at the floor in thought.
She had to think about the moments in the big fight at the council's.
But yet she got nothing.
"They have no allegiance." The cat continued.
Damon still staring at the floor in thought.
All she could think of were the awkward moments where they got a little too close, making Damon blush a little.

"Willing to use whatever and who ever to accomplish their goal." The cat slowly walked over into Damon's view, grabbing her attention.
"Do you know what goal he's trying to accomplish?" The cat questioned her, having an evil looking smile on her face.
But yet Damon don't pay any attention to it.
Damon whipped her nose and sniffled, placing her arm back over her legs and shook her head.
"Well what ever he wants. He wants it in his own image." The cat pranced up to her, gently placing both cold paws on her arms.
"He's self reliant. He's just using you and the others to get what he wants."

Damon looked into her glowing green eyes.
Damon didn't know what to think.
For some odd reason this made sense.
She hardly had been living with him for three days, and she already feels...betrayed?
But why would he use her?
She has no special abilities or power...wait...dose she?

How dose this cat know all of this?
Was she spying on them?

"I can tell by the way he looks at you. How close he gets before back tracking." The cat explained with a soft robotic voice, as her tail swayed.
"If you think he's in love with you...you're wrong." Damon looked back at the cat with a 'are you serious?' Look.
"He's in lust...their's a difference." The cat finished, as Damon looked back down at the floor in disbelief.
Slowly shaking her head.

"Damon!" A familiar voice shouted her name, with worry in their tone.
Both her and the cat looked out into the street.

"Damon were are you!?" Nine shouted.
The cat swiftly looked back at the girl.
"Don't forget what we talked about." The cat reminded her.
She then hoped back on four legs, and pranced back into the dark.
"Hey wait!" Damon called for her, lifting back onto her knees.
One hand on the dumpster, and the other trying to reach for the cat's attention.
Now hearing foot steps near the alley.

"Damon?"

Damon turned her head, now seeing a scared and worried fox now running up to her.
"Oh god Damon!" He ran up and without warning, threw himself onto her.
Wrapping his arms around her shoulders into a hug.
She didn't know how to react.
She just sat there in silence, not even bothering to hug him back.
Feeling his breath crawling down the back of her neck.
He pulled way, sliding his hands on her shoulders.
"You shouldn't be out here alone, it's too dangerous for you!" Nine breathed out to try and calm his nerves.
He then hugged her again, more tightly this time in hopes she would never leave.

"Oh god Damon I'm so so so so so sorry! I-I didn't mean to yell at you like that! I didn't mean to make you cry! I'm sorry for what I said to you! You don't deserve to die—" he then pulled away, now looking at Damon's teary face and glossy eyes.
"I..." he stopped to take a breather for a moment, before connecting both of their four heads together closing his eyes.
Nine keeping his hands on her shoulders.
"Im so sorry you had to find out that way. All the shit you're going through." He pulled away, looking back into her eyes.
"Can you please forgive me?" He begged quietly for her forgiveness.

Damon didn't know what to say.
She was surprised how he reacted when she left.
She slightly turned her head to the left, seeing the glowing green eyed cat in the dark, who's shaking her head.
Warning her not to forgive him.
She slowly looked back at Nine, looking worried and upset.
Face full of regret and guilt.
Damon let more tears fall, weekly smiling.
"Y-yeah...I forgive you." Nine sighed if relief, and hugged her again.
One of his hands cupping the back of her head.
His fingers getting tangled in her curls.

"Thank you." He managed to choke out quietly by her ear.
Her head resting on his shoulder.
With shaky hands, she hugged him back.
Everything went silent.
Both enjoying each other's embrace.

This didn't last long, when Nine slowly pulled away looking back at her.
"Hey, I got something to show you. You're going to love it." He smiled.
Damon got up from her knees, as Nine offered her his hand.
She was reluctant at first, till she finally agreed and grabbed his hand.
Nine now gently pulling her out of the alley, and out onto the sidewalk.
As they walked away, Damon looked back at the alley.
Now seeing that same cat looking around the corner sternly.

Damon looked saddened, Knowing the truth.

What was his goal?
What's he going to show her?
What power dose she have that made Nine use her?
Was she being used?