Part 2

The bell went off I jolted out of bed pulling my shoes on and grabbing my radio.
I rush out of the bunk room and buck was close behind me. I jump in the passenger seat of the ambulance as we take off first to the accident.
It was a car crash.
After assessing everyone and take a guy to the hospital we were headed on our way back to the station.
-
It was now 10 in the morning one of the fire trucks was missing along with buck and Bobby.
I was sipping on my cup of coffee and eating a bowl of cereal when the bay door opened up and a fire truck backed in. Hoped out was Bobby.
He walks up the stairs and smiles at us. "Just caught buck sleeping with the snake girl from yesterday. He's now fired" Bobby says and walks out to his office I look at hen and chimney with wide eyes "he's a sex addict and can't be respectful to anyone" chimney says and then gets up and leaves
Leavin hen and I. I had a feeling she was about to ask me something.
"So uh how's Dallas" she as almost hesitant with her hands tight around her mug "she good" I begin picking at my fingers which I do when I'm nervous "stop picking at your fingers y/n. We are friends and I'm asking you how you are" she smiles I look up at her "I'm ok and Dallas has started kindergarten" "oh my I completely forgot she was 5" "I know time flies" "does she still ask about her mother" "she hasn't here recently" I say "and you are you ok?" She ask again "yea I'm actually doing okay hen. I'm still figuring out how to raise her the right way and take care of myself but we're getting through it" I smile at her "that's good I'm proud of you" "yea but it's hard because Dallas and I are always together and I haven't worked in a year and I just hope she was ok Last night and going to school this morning" " who's she staying with?" "My sister morgen" "oh thats your twin the one with the 2 older boys" "yea yea the twins are 7" I tell hen. "twins run in the Family?" I nod. "yea my dads a twin. im a twin and then my sister has twins and then we also have a younger sister that hasn't had any kids yet but she's only 21"

After talking a little bit I go and sit on the couch and watch a movie with chim.
Then the bell went off. I walked with chim as we went to the truck.
As we walked out we saw buck cleaning out his locker I didn't speak like chim did and we left.

-

as the shift came to a end buck had his job back and all is well.

I grab my things and tell bobby and everyone bye and begin to walk out.

everyone was gathered around as we were all about to leave "uh y/n you want to maybe grab some dinner with us?" buck ask "oh your asking me? Pretty girl? " he looks at me shocked " come on y/n I didn't mean that" he says "yea get back to me on that when you can get your arrogant head out of your ass" I say he looks at me speechless I walk out and to my truck climbing in and heading to morgens

I get to her house and I get out walking in.
It's like 5pm they were cooking dinner when I walked in and the kids were running around

"y/n" dallas says and comes up and hugs my leg. "hi baby" I say and run my hands through her hair.

the boys come up to her "are you leaving?" they pout "yea" she says. "go get your things and make sure you help the boys clean up any mess that you guys made" she runs off. I go and hug my sister. "thank you really" "no problem you know im okay with it because she's not a bad kid y/n. her and the boys get along just fine and I want you to do what you love and if that has me watching Dallas then Im completely happy with that" she says putting food on the table.

I walk over to my brother and law and steal a cucumber that he was cutting "hey!" he laughs

"how was your first day?" he ask "it was good except me and one of the guys dont get along very well" I say "oh how come?" "hes a little douchy and fucks anything that breathes" I laugh

"y'all want to stay for dinner?" morgen ask "no I think im going to take Dallas out for a little bit then im off tomorrow but work the next day" I say "sounds good" she smiles

I hear little feet running

then Dallas comes running in with the boys behind her. he has her book bag for school and her little overnight duffel bag I take her bag from her and her backpack and swing it over my shoulder.

"do you have your bear?" I ask she starts to panic "no I dont know where it went" she says as tears form in her eyes. "its okay baby we will find it" my sister says coming up behind her.

then the boys run off then soon return with Dallas's little white bear that hers comfort bear.

"here's your stupid bear" max thows it. "max! that was not nice" morgen says at him. "im sorry" max says. "its ok" Dallas says wiping her nose on her sleeve

"we dont want you to leave" deegan says "she'll be back in a few days boys I promise" I say.

I open the door and we walk out.

I open the back door for Dallas to struggle and climb into the truck. once she's in I buckle her up and put her things down at her feet.

I go around to the drivers side and hop in. "how was school?" I say starting up the truck and pulling out. "it was good ms Paige Gave me a sucker" she says I laugh at her "what kind?" "blue" she giggles.

-

we pull into a Mexican restaurant and I get out.

walk around and Dallas was unbuckled I get her out and we walk in "we get cheese dip?" she giggles as I open the door "of course love" I laugh a little.

we get seated and enjoy dinner before heading home.

I unlock the door to the house and she runs up the stairs to her room.

"you gotta take a bath" I yell as I shut the door locking it and going to my room upstairs and putting my things down.

I go back downstairs

then I empty her bag and throw some more clothes into the washing machine.

"did you do your homework?" I yell "yes" she yells back.

I hang her book bag by the door on its hook. "bath time" I say walking up the stairs to the bathroom and start the back "no" she giggles and I hear her little feet run downstairs. "Dallas Avery Harris!" I laugh running after her. she was in the kitchen running around the island and then runs and hops over the couch. where I caught her I pick her up and walk up the stairs to take a bath.

after she picks out her pajamas and sits on the bathroom counter while I brush her beautiful red hair.

"did you save anyone today?" she ask holding her bear "I did there was a lady with a big snake" "eww" she giggles. I laugh at her and I put her on the floor she brushes her teeth and runs and hops in bed.

she covers up and I turn her night light on. she hold her bear and I sit on the bed beside her. "sleep good princess I love you goodnight" I say kissing her head and walking out "goodnight" she says as I crack her door

dallas isn't mine, but she is? she's my responsibility. ive raised her for 4 years now. her mom Lilly was my best friend and we've always lived together. 4 years ago Dallas was one and her and her mom were out as a restaurant when it caught on fire. they both survived but were in pretty bad shape. Lilly had no family and signed papers saying if anything happened to her id get Dallas. a week after the accident we thought she was getting better but she ended up suffering a heart attack leaving Dallas with me. I didnt know what to do. but I figured it out and now me and Dallas are doing just fine. only my family knows and are willing to help out and of course Dallas knows im not her mom and she used to ask for her mom a lot but she dont as much anymore. and of course hen knows she was there for me.

I walk into the bathroom and get in the shower.

the hot water hits my back making me relax. washing the day away. Im ready to lay down in my bed.

I enjoy my shower and wrap a towel around me walking to my room I change into shorts a a t-shirt and brush my hair.

I go downstairs and put the clothes in the dryer and then head back to my room

I turn the tv on and turn a movie on and I end up falling asleep.

_________

ok I might be in love with this story? whats your thoughts?