Part 8

The next morning I woke up. My head was rested on bucks shoulder with his rested on mine.
The doctor walks in causing us to sit up
"Good morning" she says.
I rub my eyes "oh she's still asleep" he says looking at Dallas "well we monitored her throughout the night and everything seems fine you can go home as soon as we get your paperwork together" the doctor says "thank you" buck says and the doctor walks out.
"Don't you have a shift" I look at buck
"I did but I called Bobby and told him that there was an emergency and he gave you the day off. And I'm going to help you get home and stay with you" he smiles I lay my head back on his shoulder "you don't have to it's okay" I say "y/n" "buck" "I get tired of hearing you talk" "and I get tired of looking at your stupid face." I laugh "ouch" he says acting as of I hurt his feelings.

dallas rubs her eyes and looks at us. she smiles. "good morning sunshine" I smile at her. "good morning" buck says. "morning" she says wiping her hair out of her face. "can we go home?" she whines "we can In just a little bit"

-
Dallas was ready to go. I signed everything and we headed outside to Bucks jeep he said he would give us a ride home.
Buck opened the door for Dallas to climb in the back she bucked up and then he ran around to the driver side and got in.
I gave him directions back to my house.
Dallas walks to the door with us behind her
I unlock it and she runs in "hey! Take it easy" I say "y/n. She's ok let her she's happy to be home" buck says shutting the door behind us.
"Your place is nice" "thank you"
Dallas sits on the stool at the island in the kitchen "I'm hungry" she had her teddy bear in her hand. 

buck was leaning on the counter. "what would you like to eat?" I ask looking at them "ooo buffalo chicken" dallas says. "oo that sounds amazing" buck says. "with?" "rice?" she questions looking at her bear in her hand. 

"you got it" I laugh opening up the fridge and getting everything out. 

"why dont you and buck go watch tv in the living room?" "okay?" dallas smiled and gets down. she grabs bucks hand and drags him away as he looks at me with a questioning look and I laugh a little. 

as I was making lunch the front door opens catching my attention.  

"y/n m/n l/n" my sister yells shutting the door. "Elaine?" I laugh "Elaine!" dallas yells running up to her Elaine picks her up and engulfs her in a hug. 

buck comes walking In behind her. 

Elaine looks at me and then sees buck "woah hey sweet cheeks" she smiles 

buck laughs at her. Elaine puts down dallas and walks over to me and wiggles her eyebrows. "buck this is my sister Elaine. Elaine this is buck" I say introducing them to one another. 

"ive heard about you" she says looking from buck to me. he gives her a questioning look.

then his phone rings. "hello?" he says. walking away taking the call "so what we eating?"Elaine ask sitting in the stool in front of me. "buffalo chicken" I say "im glad I came by" she says scrolling on her phone "not to be ugly I love that you show up unannounced but why are you here?" I say leaning over the counter. "I-" before she could answer there was a knock on the door. 

I walk over and open it revealing a cop "are you ms. l/n" he ask. "I am can I help you?" I ask "I have this paper for you" he says handing me a folded up paper. I open it. 

y/n l/n 

you are being summoned to family court...

then I stopped reading "thank you" I say and shut the door. 

I turn around to see buck and Elaine "what was that about?" buck ask I shake my head folding the paper back up and walking into the kitchen "it was nothing" I lie. I put the paper away in a drawer "it looked like something to me" Elaine says 

"I said it was nothing now who wants to eat" I say as I begin fixing dallas plate as she runs in. 

the meal was silent as if anyone was afraid to talk. we finish eating everyone puts there plate in the sink. "ive got to go a friend of mine needs me. call me if you need anything" buck says.  "bye dallas" he yells to dallas who was glued to the tv. "bye buck" she yells back "and it was nice meeting you" he says to Elaine. she just smiles.  he then leaves 

Elaine gives me a look I walk over to the drawer that I shoved the paper in and put it in front of her. she grabs it reading it. 

she looks up at me after "your being takin to court over custody of dallas" she says I nod my head "im sorry" "its okay ill figure it out I always do" I say taking the paper and putting it back before washing the dishes up and cleaning the kitchen. 

I join Elaine and dallas on the couch and we watched a movie.