Part 3

I wake up to my alarm going off. I turn it off and lay there a minute before getting up.

I walk downstairs and go into the kitchen and start making breakfast. I cook some eggs and some waffles. I put then on a plate at the island with a cup of apple juice I put my plate beside of the other one and start brewing a cup of coffee for myself before heading upstairs. I brush my hair and put it in a bun before going into Dallas's room and turning on the light. I go over to her bed and rub her back "its time to get up sweet girl" I say. her eyes flutter open after she rubs them and sits up. she brushes her head out of her face and looks at me "goodmorning I made breakfast" I smile at her.  she smiles at me half asleep and puts her arms out towards me. I grab her and she rest her head in my neck. I walk down the stairs to the kitchen and sit her on the stool in the island. I sit beside her after grabbing my coffee and adding creamer. she grabs the fork I left for her and starts eating

"did you sleep good?" "mhm" she says nodding her head with egg in her mouth as she sips her apple juice. we sit in silence because Dallas is not a very good morning person.

after I put our plates in the sink and she heads up stairs to the bathroom.

I go after her and brush her hair and start curling it.

"I want buns" she says "yes ma'am" I laugh I finish up curling her hair and then I do a little messy braid into 2 little buns so its half up Half down. even though I know it wont look like this when she gets out of school it dont matter because she gets what she wants.

I finish and she brushes her teeth. "dont forget Friday is bring your parent to school day"  it immediately slipped my mind "you wanted me to come as your parent?" "yea I told you about it you forgot" she says looking at me sad "no baby I didnt forget ill be there I promise" I say she smiles at me and I follow her to her room.

I put her little black and white cheetah skirt and a black top on the bed when my phone rings. I go to my room to grab it. "hello?" I say walking back into Dallas room she was dressed. "what shoes you want to wear? your sandals or your converse?" I ask "converse" she says. as she grabs her socks and pulls them on for me to tie.

"y/n you want to go out for lunch with Elaine and I" morgen ask "yea sorry I was getting Dallas ready but that sounds good just text me when and where were going" I say and we hang up.

I pull my shoes on and we head downstairs Dallas grabs her book bag. "you got everything?" I ask she nods.

"and your teddy?" "its in my bed" she says "okay lets go" I say as we walk out to my truck and head to school.

after dropping her off I head home and fold the laundry that was still in the dryer from last night and put it all away. I wash the dishes and tidy up the house before going upstairs and brushed my teeth and started curling my hair and put on a tiny bit of makeup. normally just mascara or something

I go into Dallas's room and make her bed and leave her teddy bear right on the bed.

I clean up her room a bit.  and go to my room to watch some tv. 

after a little bit I changed clothes into some ripped jeans and nice shirt. I pull on my vans and walk out of the house to my truck to head to the steakhouse that the girls told me to meet them at. I get out and go to the table that there at "hello sister" Elaine laughs "hi" I laugh. sitting down

"why are you in scrubs?" I ask morgen "I have work after this" she says. morgen is a ER nurse. and Elaine is currently in the police academy to become a police officer.

"how's school?" morgen ask Elaine as we look at our menus. "its good im ready to be done." "how much longer" I ask "just like 6 months" she says. "and how was your first day back to work?" "it was good but me and this guy aren't really getting along. he said I was just a pretty face" "is it cute?" Elaine ask. I give her a are you serious look. "is it the one with the birth mark on his eye ive seen him hes good looking" morgen says. we laugh.

we order our food. "oh and hen there" I say remember "aww I miss hen" morgen says

"what guy are you dating now?" I ask looking as Elaine. "no one right now" she says and morgen and I look at eachother "shocker". morgen says taking a sip of her drink. and I laugh. "hey! I cant help im the hotter sister. y'all are twins y'all look alike and I look better" Elaine says "rude" I laugh. "so uh dallas asked me to come to her parent day at school" I say "aww maybe she's finally coming around" morgen says "it kind of hurts my heart that her mom isn't actually here to attend stuff like this." "yea but her basically her mom" Elaine says "yea I know" I say "hows the boys:" Elaine ask "there good. they're mean" she laughs "they are not mean" I say she looks at me "oh you done live with them" she laughs.

-

after lunch morgen heads to work and Elaine and I go shopping. I buy some things for myself and also some things for dallas.

after I headed to get her from school and we headed home.

dallas grabs a snack out of the pantry as soon as she walks in "homework?" I ask. she sits on the stool and I get her homework out she starts it

I then start making dinner

"did you make any friends on your first say at work?" she ask eating her goldfish

"yea I would say so. I have this really old friend name Henrietta. we call her hen she remember when you were little bitty" I look at her and she smiles. "who else" "the there my captain his name is bobby he is really nice and then theres a guy we call chim. hes really nice too hes funny" "anyone you didnt get along with?" "yea theres a guy name buck. we got off on the wrong foot. he said something and I said something I probably shouldn't have" I laugh at her questions. "what'd you say?" she looks up from her paper. "umm I cant say it again it wasnt very nice" I smile at her and she giggles. "Theres a boy at school that calls me red head" she says "thats not very nice" I say "its okay I call him blondie" she giggles. "dallas!" "what" she says putting her homework back I her bag. I smile at her. you are your mother daughter my dear.

"and theres a girl at school that makes fun of my birthmark on my chin and my burn mark on my nose" she says "why I think its cool" dallas just shrugs.

she goes and turns the tv on in the living room and starts playing with her barbies.

the fire didnt really affect dallas just left a mark on her nose that scarred up and been there every since. and she also has a birth mark on her chin that she's always had.

"oh I got you some things" I say putting the shopping back on the couch. she comes running my way "oo oo what you get me" she says I pull a hoodie out of the bag and she snatches it from me. then I pulled out a cute little romper and a sun dress "I love them" she says and runs to her room to put them away. she comes down with a hoodie in her hand. "whats this?" she says holding it up. "its a hoodie from the fire department I work at I got you one if you want to wear it." I say she nods and puts it on  "we should make cookies for your friends and maybe you and buck will like each other then" she says and stands beside me "good idea baby but maybe another day" I say and she pouts "you can help me cook if you want" I suggest she nods.

-

after dinner and putting dallas down

I took a shower and then there was a knock on the door. I look at the Time and it was like 10 at night who could be at the door.

I put on shorts and a t-shirt really fast and brush my hair and run down the stairs to the door.

I open it to a man. "y/n?" he ask I nod "why" I look at him funny. "im Brandon miller" "ok?" "um I know Lilly." he says and I was about to shut the door in his face. "wait. she had a baby right?" I shake my head no. "I dont know what your talking about. "yes you do. she had a baby and its my baby im the father and I want my daughter" he says. "im sorry but you've been mistaken there is no babies. or children here" I say "be that way. ill see you in court" he says angry

I shut my door and lock it. theres no way this is happening.

————
Honestly thank you for the reads loves I wasn't sure if this would do well but I'm honestly enjoying this let's just hope I don't get stuck and get writers block 😂😂. Anyways I hope you enjoy this chapter loves